- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Photo Report CGC '16 Bus Tour:
Canada: Diffused glass meets expectations at W. Martens Greenhouse
Martens, who now grows cucumbers on a total acreage of 14 acres under glass in Beamsville, explained that the diffuse glass on his new section met his expectations. He said that his production under diffused glass is about 10-20% higher, and they were picking six days earlier.
As Martens' new section is directly connected to the older greenhouse structure, a good comparison can be made between growing under diffuse glass with the same climate and crop situation.
Furthermore, Martens told the visitors about his experience with growing high wire cucumbers. It delivered them a phenomenal quality product, but due to the extra labour, they switched back to the umbrella system. Yet, with the higher production due to the diffused glass, high wire production can become interesting to them once again.
Click here for the complete photo report of our visit to W.Martens Greenhouse in Beamsville.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 CAN: Horticultural center topped with roof informed by Fibonacci spirals
- 2023-09-21 Ukrainian farmers receive subsidies to develop the construction of gardens and greenhouses
- 2023-09-21 Greenhouse farming in the Mogilev region is switching to new technologies
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-20 Lettuce industry Florida expands into new production systems
- 2023-09-20 Ukraine: Ivano-Frankivsk community are establishing a greenhouse farm
- 2023-09-20 Low- and mid-tech greenhouse constructions ready for assembly
- 2023-09-19 China: New glass greenhouse are under construction in Beijing
- 2023-09-18 Environmental association points out flaws in greenhouse expansion plan
- 2023-09-15 NL: Bejo's new plant nursery officially opened
- 2023-09-14 Philippines: Korean funded greenhouses set for turnover by November
- 2023-09-14 China: "This method saves 92 percent on water"
- 2023-09-14 US (NE): Greenhouse in the snow continues to flourish, adding international markets and commercial kits
- 2023-09-11 Guyana: Agriculture Minister Zulfikar Mustapha visits agricultural project AIEP
- 2023-09-11 US (NY): Work underway on $120M hydroponic lettuce farm in Lorena
- 2023-09-11 Philippines: BPI, Kopia launch vegetable project
- 2023-09-11 UAE: Pure Harvest co-founder plans salmon farming in the desert
- 2023-09-11 Jamaica: Northern Caribbean University launches UNESCO-funded projects
- 2023-09-08 "Winds of over 100km/hr, and our greenhouse didn't suffer any damage"
- 2023-09-08 CEA grower continues on 100-acre expansion plan