- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Vietnamese PM pleads for high-tech and organic farming
The 189 billion VND Hai Phong project is among 12 farms developed by Vingroup’s subsidiary VinEco across the country growing safe vegetables.
The farm, covering 46ha, including an open-air area of over 28 ha, and a glasshouse area of 10.7 ha, became operational early this year, growing 14 species of vegetables using no pesticides with an average output of 250 tonnes per month.
The PM praised the model for increasing labour productivity and supplying the market with safe products.
The leader also lauded the efficient coordination between the company and local farmers, suggesting that it should be stepped up during rural area construction.
He reminded project insiders to observe their commitments, especially those pertaining to food safety, to ensure the quality of products.
VinEco should provide employment opportunities for those people who were relocated for the project to enable them to earn substantial, stable incomes, the PM noted.
VinEco said it will grow vegetables and plants suitable with conditions in Hai Phong for local consumption and export.
Source: Ministry of Planning and Investment, Vietnam
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Namibian producers have increasing access to global markets
- 2023-10-02 COAG Almeria denounces zucchini and cucumber prices don't cover production costs
- 2023-10-02 US: Intellectual property protections for new crop varieties have increased
- 2023-10-02 Pests detected in melons and tomatoes from Uzbekistan
- 2023-10-02 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-10-02 Organic US strawberries bring growers higher prices than conventional berries
- 2023-10-02 "In Morocco, they are eager for knowledge from the Netherlands"
- 2023-10-02 UK govt allocates £12.5 million to projects focused on green farming innovation
- 2023-09-29 Cucumber and zucchini prices are significantly lower than in the same period of last year
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%