- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Plant patenting and plant variety protection, an exchange on practices
This workshop was organised in the framework of the Administrative arrangement signed between the CPVO and the EPO on 11 February 2016 in which the two organisations agreed to further strengthen their relationship through the exchange of information in the area of plant-related patents and plant variety rights.
The workshop aimed to increase technical awareness and legal expertise among experts from both organizations through the exchange of knowledge and information on plant patenting and on plant variety protection. The experts visited the testing station of the French examination office, GEVES, located in Brion. The workshop was also the opportunity to share working practices regarding the use of databases and other working tools in both organisations.
Martin Ekvad, President of the CPVO and Heli Pihlajamaa, Director Patent Law at the EPO, welcomed the fruitful and very useful workshop for both organisations and look forward to further cooperation.
The organisation and participation of the two organisations in conferences, courses, workshops and other meetings of mutual interest with the aim of maintaining high quality decisions in both institutions will complement this cooperation.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-16 "You can plant the seed yourself, but true growth is achieved together"
- 2022-05-16 Growing a better strawberry
- 2022-05-16 How hybrid plant varieties could address the challenges of food security
- 2022-05-13 Ghana: WACCI calls for strategic investments in tomato seed systems
- 2022-05-12 New Genetic Technology Bill will support more sustainable agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Chinese scientists report new progress in carotenoid biofortification in tomato products
- 2022-05-11 12,000 seed varieties return to earth after space trip
- 2022-05-06 "Only high resistance can stop the spread of ToBRFV"
- 2022-05-04 Chicago’s Tomato Man on mission to help others rethink tomatoes
- 2022-05-03 "Innovation has continued to drive us since our inception in 1944"
- 2022-04-28 Crops & DNA: intriguing and crucial to boost innovation
- 2022-04-28 Space seed breeding makes breakthrough, yielding nearly 1,000 new species
- 2022-04-28 "Plant Variety Rights have a significant positive impact on European Union’s economic growth and environmental sustainability"
- 2022-04-22 "Vietnam is doing well in the horticultural field"
- 2022-04-21 Syngenta’s “eat-it-all” cauliflower receives bronze Innovation Award at Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-04-21 Crops scientists are looking to wild varieties to improve heat and drought resistance
- 2022-04-21 Italian and Spanish farmers have been key in the history of today's tomato
- 2022-04-15 China: "Capital and passion alone is not enough – you also need knowledge"
- 2022-04-07 India exempts certain gene-edited crops from biosafety assessment
- 2022-04-05 Retailers experience new Sekoya blueberries at event in Spain