- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Polish growers show no interest in organic peppers
Anna Gabler, CEO of Agro Queens, said that, 'despite the weather conditions, the quality is good, but of course it could also be better'.
Most of the Polish company's peppers are sent to Scandinavia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus and Romania. However, many are also allocated to the domestic market.
The demand for organic produce is growing in Poland, but unfortunately, Anna said, producers have been slow to join the trend.
"We would like to start exporting organic bell peppers, but there doesn't seem to be any interest from the producers' side. Demand for organic fresh fruit and vegetables is growing every year, so I hope that growers will get on board. I'm afraid that if we wait too long there won't be room in the market because the Netherlands could beat us to it." said Anna.
Anna also said that growers attempts to introduce new varieties hadn't been very fruitful.
"In general, retailers just want to stick with what they know in terms of varieties. They have shown interest in new forms of packaging, but once the price is discussed they ultimately don't go forward."
When asked if there were any new markets they would like to enter, they said it was more about going back to old ones.
"We would like to be back on the Russian market, that was always our strategic partner. However, just like life, business is about adapting to change and we will we continue to move forward." concluded Anna.
For more information:
Agro Queens Sp. z o.o.
Tel: +48 502 842 132
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available