- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Husband and wife supervising some of America's largest greenhouse projects
G&V's newest division G&V Greenhouse Solutions, is established in order to provide their expertise in leveling, excavation and electrical installation to their growing group of customers.
Julie and Joost Vijverberg at the job site
"With G&V Greenhouse Solutions we will provide our knowledge and services to large scale Venlo greenhouse projects", explained Julie Gilbert of G&V. "Since 2004 we have been providing project management and supervision on small installation with G&V Construction, but we have noticed that the projects are getting larger and a more dedicated approach is needed."
For this reason G&V Greenhouse Solutions was established. Their electrical division has obtained a license to work in all 50 states, while they also have the special equipment and workforce available to carry out excavation and leveling jobs. "Along with our experience and knowledge in irrigation, we are now able to provide complete solutions in greenhouse projects", Julie said.
Besides this, G&V introduced their new building software platform. They developed a special cloud based app that can be used by their team, subcontractors, suppliers and customers.
"The application was created in order to keep everybody on the same page", explained Julie. "It allows us and the workers on the job site to communicate and keep everybody updated on the work. You can upload pictures to share your work within the team or with another crew. As well as this the client can see how the project is going and we as a supervisor can look over things better. It keeps everything on file and based on the GPS locations it registers the hours that are in the project. But moreover it's made to create a community, it's all about being positive and keeping each other updated."
Currently G&V Construction is busy with supervising the second and third phase of a large greenhouse project in the State of Ohio.
For more information:
Julie Gilbert (e-mail)
+ 1 812-212-0965
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm
- 2023-11-21 Namibia: 3 hectare greenhouse grows hydroponic tomatoes and cut flowers