- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
US (PA): PureSafe sells water purification system to mushroom grower
"As we continue to explore and enter new vertical markets for our WPU, this sale to Phillips is extremely significant," stated Yves R. Michel, Global Sales & Marketing Director of PureSafe. "In addition to the sale, we have forged a partnership with Mowery Environmental, a recognized environmental consulting firm that assists agricultural producers in implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs) on their operations," commented Michel. "I believe that these important announcements will enable us to gain tremendous traction in the agribusiness vertical, which according to IBISWorld industry report, has generated $3tr in revenues with a .07% annual growth in the past five years." Michel added, "We will focus on the agricultural sectors which generates a waste stream and are also very water intensive such as mushroom farmers, dairy farmers, winegrowers, and food processors with the critical additional benefit of being very advantageous in protecting our environment."
Jim Angelucci, General Manager of Phillips Mushroom Farms, LP commented: "We are very pleased and excited to incorporate the Water Purification Unit into our daily operations." Remarked Angelucci, "This technology will allow us to expand upon our current environmental programs which are geared toward recycling, reusing, and conserving the precious water resources on our farm."
The global mushroom market value is expected to exceed USD $50 Billion by 2019 due to increasing consumer demand. In the United States, Pennsylvania grows 65% of the nation's crop at a value of $540 million. Phillips Mushroom Farms, LP has been cultivating mushrooms since 1927 and has always taken a leadership position in addressing the daily challenges associated with managing the business with state of the art technology, a commitment to marketing and a personal approach. This acquisition will enable them to continue to grow their business to meet future demand for their product.
"Phillips generates wastewater daily, which can be a significant amount within a year," noted Adam Mowery, Managing Member of Mowery Environmental. "In order to maintain compliance with the state's laws regulating the mushroom industry, it became evident we needed to explore options beyond the traditional method for wastewater treatment. After extensive research, it was determined that the PureSafe WPU provided the most comprehensive option and not only addressed the wastewater component, but allowed us to reuse the treated product water back on the farm to alleviate the pressure on Phillips' water wells and preserve groundwater resources in the region."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 "We are in 'growth mode,' but not at any cost"
- 2022-05-20 "By doubling our capacity, we can respond to market developments with agility and at short notice"
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-20 UConn supports Connecticut’s greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-20 US (MA): How lettuce - and jobs - could sprout from this downtown Brockton vertical farm
- 2022-05-20 Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- 2022-05-20 Romanian Grup Serban Holding invests €3 million in vegetable packaging plant
- 2022-05-20 McDonald's Taiwan temporarily stops serving french fries
- 2022-05-20 Royal Brinkman make stronger Australian Team
- 2022-05-20 Richard Harrison new Managing Director at Plant Sciences Group
- 2022-05-20 45-year Canadian produce veteran hangs up his hat at Oppy
- 2022-05-20 US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
- 2022-05-20 Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- 2022-05-19 Sainsbury set to drop plastic packaging on bananas
- 2022-05-19 “I’m excited to focus on vegetable seeds going forward”
- 2022-05-19 Air France-KLM and CMA CGM join forces
- 2022-05-19 Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- 2022-05-19 IE: Celebrating the launch of Cill Ulta Glasshous Falcarragh
- 2022-05-19 Brazilian-Dutch greenhouse project prepares for phase 2
- 2022-05-19 Robot arms load 75 punnets/min. into crate