The targets for energy saving in Dutch horticulture are high and Canadian growers are likely to find that energy costs and government regulations will soon be as stringent as those experienced by our European counterparts. In her keynote address “The Future of Greenhouse Industry - from energy consumer to energy supplier”, Silke Hemming explains the newest developments in coverings, the use of sensors and innovative design to conserve energy and the ability of the greenhouse industry to generate power. Don’t miss this opportunity for a glimpse into the future.
Keynote Speaker, Silke Hemming, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
In a second presentation, Hemming reviews experimental research that has shown improved production under diffuse light conditions. Learn the effect of diffuse light on different crop species and about innovative materials now under development. Hemming will speak twice on Wednesday, October 5th, speaking in the vegetable session at 9:30 am and delivering the keynote address at 11:45 am.
Keynote address generously sponsored by Svensson
Complete conference information is available at www.CanadianGreenhouseConference.com
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Silke Hemming announced as Keynote Speaker:
Canadian Greenhouse Conference looks at energy savings
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 CPMA announces 2023 Passion for Produce participants
- 2023-03-24 Energy price crisis on vertical farming: where do we stand?
- 2023-03-24 Busy days at GreenTech Americas 2023 in Mexico
- 2023-03-23 "Best day ever for GreenTech Americas"
- 2023-03-23 Argus and Conviron selected as recipient of 2023 CEAC Mission Award
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 The World Pepper Congress will be held in Almeria in May
- 2023-03-17 Consortium to train Senegalese farmers in sustainable vegetable production
- 2023-03-17 AU: Horticulture Field Day at Tatura Smartfarm
- 2023-03-17 China Strawberry Brand Conference 2023 held in Shanghai
- 2023-03-17 'Don’t let the lights go out'
- 2023-03-16 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-14 PIB India cluster heads off to Hyderabad and Delhi this April
- 2023-03-13 Packed program at Greentech Americas
- 2023-03-10 HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia comes to an end
- 2023-03-10 UK: CHA organizes comprehensive exhibitor support package for UK suppliers at GreenTech 2023
- 2023-03-10 Wartime berry growing and processing. Conference in Rivne, Ukraine
- 2023-03-07 Priva launches Academy live training sessions
- 2023-03-07 Record-breaking event for 10th anniversary edition of Indoor Ag-Con