- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Practical training for Vietnamese trainers creates foundation of Fresh Academy
The agricultural sector in Vietnam, including horticulture, develops strongly and offers new opportunities for Dutch businesses. One of the shortcomings in the sector development is a lack of practical and applicable knowledge. The Fresh Academy project, with a duration of over two years, contributes to the necessary knowledge and thereby created the foundation for a horticultural training center. The Train-the-Trainer course is an essential part of the project by teaching trainers how to train horticultural entrepreneurs, company employees and students in sustainable and technically advanced horticulture.
The Fresh Academy project builds on experiences gained by Fresh Studio in the past 10 years in the Vietnamese horticulture. HAS University of Applied Sciences (project leader) plus Wageningen UR / PPO, Lentiz Course & Consult, Demonursery Westland, Kenlog b.v. and Fresh Studio form a unique cluster that takes the challenge to shape the Fresh Academy. In addition, four (agriculture) universities in Vietnam are actively involved. In the long term the project partners work on a Fresh Academy, which is not limited to Da Lat but will also be active in the north (around Ha Noi) and the south of Vietnam, around Ho Chi Minh City. In the Mekong province Dong Thap the project partners Demonursery Westland and Kenlog already have an intensive cooperation with the local horticultural sector that specializes in flowering plants.
The ToT session in December caused enthusiasm among 28 eager students. HAS University of Applied Sciences, Lentiz Course & Consult and Wageningen UR / PPO gave content to the training. In March 2016, the next session is provided; then with the input of HAS University of Applied Sciences, Lentiz Course & Consult and Demonursery Westland.
For more information:
+31 620 447 371
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 These growers serve up fresh foods to Augusta restaurants
- 2022-08-16 Hydroponics & citrus farming
- 2022-08-15 New tool helps strengthen local food systems
- 2022-08-12 US (OR): Research shows that plastic tunnels are very good for strawberries
- 2022-08-12 Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- 2022-08-12 Trinidad and Tobago: Hydroponic farm offers more economic opportunities than fish production
- 2022-08-11 US: How the climate deal would help farmers aid the environment
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses