- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Turkey: Hisar Fide nurseries prepared for the future
Last November, Conic System and its Turkish partner Haluk Atamal installed a Conic System Pro-335 Seeding Line at Hisar Fide's new premises in Antalya. According to Conic's Jordi Gusi, the Turkish nursery industry shows great interest in this new generation of seeding lines. "Hisar Fide is now the first Turkish grower with a fully CNC (Computer Numerical Control) automated sowing line, but more will follow shortly. Many growers realize the benefit of proper automation, quality improvement and faster production."
The complete sowing line at the new premises of Hisar Fide in Antalya
The digital control of the PRO-335, designed and developed in Barcelona by Conic System, operates 5 units of 32 bit microprocessors that allow a fully automatic control of the sowing performance. The CNC unit is capable of adjusting to any setting, making automatic adjustments. This make the processes and production output at the 3 hectare nursery of Hisar Fide in Antalya better and more streamlined.
Jordi Gusi: "The worker managing the PRO-335 has to set up the working programs for each type of seed, peat and tray. These programs will be saved in the system memory. Therefore, next time the work is repeated, the worker just needs to select the suitable program. The program will automatically adjust to the new parameters without any manual assistance. This is how we reach a faster process and a better sowing quality standard, which improves the working conditions on main key points for all greenhouses."
Easy to use menu with touch screen
The new generation of CNC sowing machines from Conic System has already been working for quite a few months in greenhouses in Spain, France and Israel. Hisar Fide has been using the previous generation for many years, but now that they have moved to a new location, they decided to install the new generation. "As well as this they will install a new machine at their second nursery in Izmir. Other nurseries in Turkey have also ordered the new generation of seeding machines."
Jordi Gusi of Conic System together with the propagators from Hisar Fide and Conic's Turkish partner Haluk Atamal.
Propagated young plants at Hasar Fide for growers in Azerbaijan.
This Conic plate seeder is capable of seeding up to 800-900 trays per hour, depending on the cells and tray sizes. "We keep developing new solutions while continuously searching for new performances and complements that make sowing work easier and faster, providing higher quality results," Jordi Gusi concluded.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction
- 2023-10-11 Chilean packaging company takes technology expertise to world markets