- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Turkey: Hisar Fide nurseries prepared for the future
Last November, Conic System and its Turkish partner Haluk Atamal installed a Conic System Pro-335 Seeding Line at Hisar Fide's new premises in Antalya. According to Conic's Jordi Gusi, the Turkish nursery industry shows great interest in this new generation of seeding lines. "Hisar Fide is now the first Turkish grower with a fully CNC (Computer Numerical Control) automated sowing line, but more will follow shortly. Many growers realize the benefit of proper automation, quality improvement and faster production."
The complete sowing line at the new premises of Hisar Fide in Antalya
The digital control of the PRO-335, designed and developed in Barcelona by Conic System, operates 5 units of 32 bit microprocessors that allow a fully automatic control of the sowing performance. The CNC unit is capable of adjusting to any setting, making automatic adjustments. This make the processes and production output at the 3 hectare nursery of Hisar Fide in Antalya better and more streamlined.
Jordi Gusi: "The worker managing the PRO-335 has to set up the working programs for each type of seed, peat and tray. These programs will be saved in the system memory. Therefore, next time the work is repeated, the worker just needs to select the suitable program. The program will automatically adjust to the new parameters without any manual assistance. This is how we reach a faster process and a better sowing quality standard, which improves the working conditions on main key points for all greenhouses."
Easy to use menu with touch screen
The new generation of CNC sowing machines from Conic System has already been working for quite a few months in greenhouses in Spain, France and Israel. Hisar Fide has been using the previous generation for many years, but now that they have moved to a new location, they decided to install the new generation. "As well as this they will install a new machine at their second nursery in Izmir. Other nurseries in Turkey have also ordered the new generation of seeding machines."
Jordi Gusi of Conic System together with the propagators from Hisar Fide and Conic's Turkish partner Haluk Atamal.
Propagated young plants at Hasar Fide for growers in Azerbaijan.
This Conic plate seeder is capable of seeding up to 800-900 trays per hour, depending on the cells and tray sizes. "We keep developing new solutions while continuously searching for new performances and complements that make sowing work easier and faster, providing higher quality results," Jordi Gusi concluded.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-07 Packaging station to meet various demands from clients
- 2022-01-06 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards
- 2022-01-04 ETP® transparent paper film for trays, flowpack and pouches
- 2022-01-03 It's a wrap: French ban on plastic packaging starts
- 2021-12-24 "We hope to let more fruit and vegetable producers see the benefits of smart mobile cold storage"
- 2021-12-24 Growing interest from greenhouse sector for strawberry harvest robot
- 2021-12-24 Beautiful fruit and vegetable displays
- 2021-12-23 Linen yarn, a new material for sustainable packaging
- 2021-12-21 New multifunctional paper tray line and new solution for sealing and labeling
- 2021-12-17 Les Crudettes, Mondi, and IMA scoop French awards for new paper packaging
- 2021-12-15 Ban on plastic packaging: Interfel calls for European and sectoral harmonization
- 2021-12-15 "Custom printable paper trays are in high demand"
- 2021-12-14 Spain banning fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic in 2023
- 2021-12-10 Wooden containers for citrus, pears and soft fruit to help the environment
- 2021-12-08 Cardboard triples the costs of packaging berries in Huelva
- 2021-12-07 Natural chemical might keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer
- 2021-12-07 Herb packaging presented in 3D
- 2021-12-03 What are the trends in food packaging?