- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Turkey: Hisar Fide nurseries prepared for the future
Last November, Conic System and its Turkish partner Haluk Atamal installed a Conic System Pro-335 Seeding Line at Hisar Fide's new premises in Antalya. According to Conic's Jordi Gusi, the Turkish nursery industry shows great interest in this new generation of seeding lines. "Hisar Fide is now the first Turkish grower with a fully CNC (Computer Numerical Control) automated sowing line, but more will follow shortly. Many growers realize the benefit of proper automation, quality improvement and faster production."
The complete sowing line at the new premises of Hisar Fide in Antalya
The digital control of the PRO-335, designed and developed in Barcelona by Conic System, operates 5 units of 32 bit microprocessors that allow a fully automatic control of the sowing performance. The CNC unit is capable of adjusting to any setting, making automatic adjustments. This make the processes and production output at the 3 hectare nursery of Hisar Fide in Antalya better and more streamlined.
Jordi Gusi: "The worker managing the PRO-335 has to set up the working programs for each type of seed, peat and tray. These programs will be saved in the system memory. Therefore, next time the work is repeated, the worker just needs to select the suitable program. The program will automatically adjust to the new parameters without any manual assistance. This is how we reach a faster process and a better sowing quality standard, which improves the working conditions on main key points for all greenhouses."
Easy to use menu with touch screen
The new generation of CNC sowing machines from Conic System has already been working for quite a few months in greenhouses in Spain, France and Israel. Hisar Fide has been using the previous generation for many years, but now that they have moved to a new location, they decided to install the new generation. "As well as this they will install a new machine at their second nursery in Izmir. Other nurseries in Turkey have also ordered the new generation of seeding machines."
Jordi Gusi of Conic System together with the propagators from Hisar Fide and Conic's Turkish partner Haluk Atamal.
Propagated young plants at Hasar Fide for growers in Azerbaijan.
This Conic plate seeder is capable of seeding up to 800-900 trays per hour, depending on the cells and tray sizes. "We keep developing new solutions while continuously searching for new performances and complements that make sowing work easier and faster, providing higher quality results," Jordi Gusi concluded.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-10 Retail Sleeve offers plastic-free alternative to pots
- 2022-11-17 Kenya to provide freighters for agri-exports
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 "Process automation facilitates the reduction of production costs in citrus warehouses"
- 2022-11-11 "Elastic and non-elastic yarns with ecologically sustainable materials"
- 2022-10-26 'Reefer container rates expected to decrease at a significantly slower pace through 2023'
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?