- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Canada: Doef’s Greenhouses fights climate change
Family-run Doef's Greenhouses has implemented energy management techniques and processes for their location, allowing them to produce high-quality product with the least amount of energy necessary. The site grows cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers year-round, requiring lighting and heating during the cold, dark Alberta winters.
With energy making up a significant portion of Doef's costs, energy management, and by extension carbon management, has made their business more profitable and sustainable. The Doefs focused on energy efficiency when designing their greenhouse, using LED lights to improve their costs and efficiency.
For more information:
360 Energy Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture
- 2023-11-02 Solar panel greenhouse being realized in Netherlands
- 2023-10-30 Solar panels on agricultural land only allowed in very exception cases
- 2023-10-30 US (TX): Self-designed geothermal greenhouse braking ground in Cody
- 2023-10-26 Iceland uses geothermal energy for heat, electricity, and cucumbers