- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
4-6 October, 2016 in Addis Ababa
Fairtrade to launch 'agrofood plastpack Ethiopia'
“The idea to launch a professional platform especially for the Ethiopian business community was brought up by the exhibitors at our “agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2015” in Lagos last April. Now we are excited to create this new major platform for our long-term customers,” says Martin März, fairtrade’s CEO. “After a fact-finding mission to Addis Ababa and fruitful meetings with partners from industry, trade and service we are convinced, that this new business platform arrives perfectly in time.”
With 150 million Euros in 2014 (VDMA) Ethiopia is East and Central Africa’s largest importer of food processing and packaging machinery. The annual growth rate of 38 percent between 2010 and 2014 testifies Ethiopia as a market of the future that is just about to unfold. For manufacturers of food and packaging Global players like Heineken, Nestlé, Unilever and others are entering the Ethiopian market and invest hundreds of million US $ in new food and beverage production facilities.
According to figures from the World Bank, the Ethiopian Agriculture accounts for about 48percent of gross domestic product (GDP) and 85 percent of exports, making it the cornerstone of the economy and the largest potential source of growth and prosperity. The Ethiopian agriculture has increased in the years 2011 to 2014 by 4.9 percent until 9.0 percent annually.
Ethiopia is East and Central Africa’s hub for the food trade. During the past years Ethiopian food imports have increased with an annual rate of 15 percent, from 0.866 billion US $ in 2009 to 1.797 billion US $ in 2014. Food exports even increased by 20 percent annually, to now more than 2.9 billion US$.
It is also the 2nd largest importer of plastics and packaging machinery with an annual growth rate of 23 percent and 27 percent, between 2010 and 2014. Ethiopia is the largest importer of plastics in primary forms with a phenomenal annual growth rate of 46 percent between 2010 and 2014, reaching 527 million Euros in 2014.
To learn more visit www.agrofood-plastpack.com.
For more information:
fairtrade GmbH & Co. KG
Tel: +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 22
Fax: +49 / 62 21 / 45 65 25
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"
- 2022-03-16 Panic in label land
- 2022-03-15 Wholesum Springs launches seasonal organic tomato pack
- 2022-03-15 Het Packhuys will debut with the Fusion at Fruit Logistica