- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Ay-kasa delivers patented collapsible crates
"Turkey: "Consumers really excited about minibox"
Crates of different sizes
A product that stands out is the ‘comfort box’. "It has a special locking mechanism allowing easy opening and closing of the crate. We are also known for several other containers, including the 'minibox’." There is an increasing demand for these small crates. They are also commercially available and consumers react to them with great enthusiasm. The miniboxes are very useful, for example for houseware storage even if it was mainly developed for fruit packaging."
Hakan Nikbay during Fruit Attraction this year.
In Turkey, a lot of producers in the AGF sector still use wooden crates so Ay-kasa mainly focuses on export. " Turkey is still somewhat behind where packaging is concerned. For other countries this plastic crate is perfect. Customers are mainly fruit packers, supermarket chains and logistics companies. Fruit producing countries such as Spain, Italy and the Netherlands are very interesting for us to present them with our products. We are still looking for distributors in several European countries. The Far East and Asian countries are also showing interest. This year we were at the Fruit Attraction in Madrid to present our products and we will also be at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin."
According to Nikbay, it is a difficult market despite the patents on their crates. "Some competitors copy our products and want to conquer the market with lower prices. This is a pity, because they have completely different properties. These crates don’t have the same quality and durability, so of course we warn our clients about this."
For more information:
Sırasöğütler Mah. İstanbul Cad.
No: 51/1 41700
Gebze KOCAELİ - Turkey
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-07 Packaging station to meet various demands from clients
- 2022-01-06 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards
- 2022-01-04 ETP® transparent paper film for trays, flowpack and pouches
- 2022-01-03 It's a wrap: French ban on plastic packaging starts
- 2021-12-24 "We hope to let more fruit and vegetable producers see the benefits of smart mobile cold storage"
- 2021-12-24 Growing interest from greenhouse sector for strawberry harvest robot
- 2021-12-24 Beautiful fruit and vegetable displays
- 2021-12-23 Linen yarn, a new material for sustainable packaging
- 2021-12-21 New multifunctional paper tray line and new solution for sealing and labeling
- 2021-12-17 Les Crudettes, Mondi, and IMA scoop French awards for new paper packaging
- 2021-12-15 Ban on plastic packaging: Interfel calls for European and sectoral harmonization
- 2021-12-15 "Custom printable paper trays are in high demand"
- 2021-12-14 Spain banning fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic in 2023
- 2021-12-10 Wooden containers for citrus, pears and soft fruit to help the environment
- 2021-12-08 Cardboard triples the costs of packaging berries in Huelva
- 2021-12-07 Natural chemical might keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer
- 2021-12-07 Herb packaging presented in 3D
- 2021-12-03 What are the trends in food packaging?