- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
UK: James Robertson retires at Agrovista
As Managing Director of Agrovista UK Limited from 2001, James was instrumental in the growth of the company and developing it into one of the leading distributors in the UK crop protection industry today.
As an agriculture graduate of Edinburgh University, he joined the company as a graduate trainee in 1972 and worked through many roles and structures which gave him a great deal of knowledge of the industry and people working within it. James was always passionate about innovation and development of solutions for the grower and has provided strategic advice to many organisations and individuals throughout UK agriculture over the years.
His knowledge and experience has been utilised by many industry bodies including the Agricultural Industries Confederation, North East Biofuels and as Chairman and Senior Judge for the Farm Business Food and Farming Awards.
Chris Clayton, Managing Director of Agrovista comments, “We thank James for his outstanding contribution to Agrovista UK Limited and wish him a long and happy retirement. His input, guidance and passion for the company and the industry as a whole, has been a tremendous driving force in developing the business. His knowledge and wisdom have not only developed Agrovista, but also many other individuals and businesses within the sector. We wish James well for the future and we will continue to build on his hard work and vision”
James Robertson will continue to be part of the agricultural industry and in January 2016 will be taking up a role advising Marubeni Europe on their agricultural strategy in the UK, Europe and beyond.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 US private equity group Paine Schwartz Partners drops $139 mln from its offer for Costa Group
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-19 US: Aerofarms exits from Chapter 11 and appoints new CEO
- 2023-09-19 UK: OneFarm to have filed NOI to save business from liquidation