Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
UK: James Robertson retires at Agrovista
As Managing Director of Agrovista UK Limited from 2001, James was instrumental in the growth of the company and developing it into one of the leading distributors in the UK crop protection industry today.
As an agriculture graduate of Edinburgh University, he joined the company as a graduate trainee in 1972 and worked through many roles and structures which gave him a great deal of knowledge of the industry and people working within it. James was always passionate about innovation and development of solutions for the grower and has provided strategic advice to many organisations and individuals throughout UK agriculture over the years.
His knowledge and experience has been utilised by many industry bodies including the Agricultural Industries Confederation, North East Biofuels and as Chairman and Senior Judge for the Farm Business Food and Farming Awards.
Chris Clayton, Managing Director of Agrovista comments, “We thank James for his outstanding contribution to Agrovista UK Limited and wish him a long and happy retirement. His input, guidance and passion for the company and the industry as a whole, has been a tremendous driving force in developing the business. His knowledge and wisdom have not only developed Agrovista, but also many other individuals and businesses within the sector. We wish James well for the future and we will continue to build on his hard work and vision”
James Robertson will continue to be part of the agricultural industry and in January 2016 will be taking up a role advising Marubeni Europe on their agricultural strategy in the UK, Europe and beyond.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"