- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
New logistics service center opens in Malaysia
The opening ceremony was officiated by the Chief Executive Officer of parent company Brambles Limited, Tom Gorman, together with the Head of Logistics of Nestlé Malaysia, David Martinez, members of CHEP’s Asian senior leadership team, and Australian High Commissioner to Malaysia, HE Rod Smith PSM. They were joined at the event by supply chain leaders from local and international companies.
Located close to major customers and main arterial roadways, the 126,000 sqft (11,700 sqm) Bukit Raja site replaces two former CHEP service centres and introduces a number of design and technology features that place it amongst the most advanced CHEP pallet service centres today.
The installation of G300 semi-automated repair lines, which also include nail rollers, helps ensure more consistent pallet quality and increased efficiency to improve the reliability and availability of pallets.
Separate unloading and loading bays - five for loading and six for unloading - results in a safer work environment for drivers and workers due to segregation of people and machines, faster truck turnaround times and better operational flow of pallets and trucks in the yard.
The largest indoor storage area for pallets in the Asia Pacific region provides protection from wet weather and further supports pallet quality.
In keeping with CHEP’s commitment to sustainability, the new site features energy-efficient lighting and an environmentally-friendly brush paint system that avoids paint waste residue.
The new site has been designed to support an additional 30 per cent increase in future pallet repair volumes and also incorporates CHEP Malaysia’s head office and support functions such as customer service.
For more information:
Tel: +61 2 9256 5263
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending