Less than a week and a half remains to register for Seedstock’s 4th Annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference: “Innovation and the Rise of Local Food,” scheduled for Nov. 3 – 4, 2015 at UC San Diego. The event’s Nov. 3 ‘Future Farm Field Trip’ has sold out, but a limited number of tickets are available for the symposium on Wednesday, Nov. 4.
Expanding on the foundation of its past three conferences, this year’s Seedstock event will focus on the economic, environmental and community benefits that result from the development of robust local food systems. Through keynotes and panels, the program will address the following:
- Urban farming and its role in expanding local food access, benefiting community and growing local economies;
- The current state of the local food marketplace from the diverse vantage points of the grower, distributor, retailer and institutional buyer;
- The impact of technology and its potential to transform the food system into one that is more local;
- How hydroponic and indoor growers utilize sustainability, embracing innovative business models and pushing the limits of agricultural technology to expand the local food marketplace; and more.
Learn More and Register here:
- Gus Schumacher - Founding Board Chair and Vice President of Wholesome Wave
- Bob Harrington - President of Specialty Produce
- Pierre Sleiman - Founder and CEO of Go Green Agriculture
- Daron "Farmer D" Joffe - Director of Agricultural Innovation at Leichtag Foundation
- Erik Oberholtzer - Co-founder of Tender Greens
- Catt Fields White - CEO of San Diego Weekly Markets
- Chris Higgins - General Manager of Hort Americas
- Rishi Kumar - Founder at The Growing Home
- Lucy Norris - Director of the Regional Food Systems Program at Ag Innovations
- Lauren Blacker - District Manager at Sodexo or Sharp HealthCare
- Milan Kluko - Founder and President at Green Spirit Farms
- Ed Glebus - Associate Director and Executive Chef for SDSU Dining
- Dwight Detter - Food Centricity
- Tarek Hijazi - Director of Agriculture and Regulatory Affairs at Sundial Farm
- Danielle Horton - Director of Marketing for Urban Produce, LLC
- Amy McCann - Co-founder and CEO of Local Food Marketplace
- Robert Tse - State Broadband Coordinator for USDA CA-Rural Development
- Anchi Mei - Senior Program Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Damian Valdez - Farmer at Seeds@City Urban Farm
- N. Diane Moss - Executive Director of Project New Village and more!
A limited number of tickets remain, so register now!