- Last year, we attended the CGC in Niagara for the first time. During the show and the bus tour, we got to know the Canadian greenhouse industry as a very lively industry with many experienced growers.
- There is always something going and the acreage with glass and greenhouses has seen a very stable annual increase. The growers are able to expand and thrive, as they have been successful in establishing stable marketing systems.
- The local and federal government is known for tight rules that force growers to establish environmentally responsible practices. This results in a faster adaptation and application of know-how and innovative technology.
- Due to this, you will see that Canadian growers are more often the early adopters of new technology. And the good thing is that their decisions to implement new innovations and technologies are not always cost-driven. They make decisions from a different stand point, in a way that will improve their business in general, not from the point that they want to bring the cost price down.
- That being said, the Canadian Greenhouse Conference is the place for growers to be introduced to new technology and network with industry colleagues. On top of this, an extensive speaker and sessions program provides great education and new insight into current issues and future development.
All of the above points are great reasons for you to attend this unique event this year, whether you are a supplier, consultant, grower, researcher or if you are active in any other part of the industry or just looking to enter it.
Not convinced yet? Take a look at the complete 2015 conference program here -
have a look at the photo report that we made at the trade show last year.