- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Biobest Antalya to integrate Antilsan’s activities in biological control and pollination
leading producer of bumblebees for pollination. Antilsan has built a strong distribution presence in the Turkish market for pollination and biological control. Its success is based on the quality of its technical advice and a strong product offering combining bumblebee hives from Biobest Antalya with biocontrol solutions from the Biobest group. The rapid growth of the Turkish market requires further investments in production and distribution. Antilsan and Biobest Antalya decided to opt for a streamlined integrated setup covering all production and distribution activities inside Biobest Antalya.
Hasan Sever, CEO of Antilsan: “Antilsan has built a strong technical sales team to develop its leading position as a provider of premium bumblebee hives. This is an ideal platform to develop the biological control business, now that the Turkish market is ready for it. We are witnessing an exponential increase in the interest in integrated pest management (IPM). Growers face pest populations resistant to pesticides, retailers in key export markets and in Turkey raise the bar with regard to absence of pesticide residues. This is the right time to invest, together with our partner Biobest, in local production of biocontrol products and in an even stronger market presence. It made a lot of sense to do this via a single fully integrated company, in which we increased our stake in return for the
integration of our distribution arm.”
“We are excited that the teams of both companies will be working together in Biobest Antalya”, says Mehmet Oba, Sales Director of Biobest Antalya: “Turkish agriculture is rapidly gaining momentum. Biobest Antalya has a compelling proposition to Turkish growers: a strong team of experienced IPM advisors in the field and a unique combination of state of the art local production infrastructure with the know-how and the innovation pipeline of a global leader”.
Jean-Marc Vandoorne, CEO of the Biobest Group, adds: “Our partnership with Antilsan has been very successful till now. Together we played a key role in the early development of the IPM market. The market has now reached its inflection point. The full integration of our joint activities in biocontrol and pollination allows us to focus all our attention on serving the needs of our customers in Turkey and on helping them to produce a residue-free crop in a sustainable way.”
For more information, please contact:
Biobest Belgium NV
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt