- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
UK: Pulse growth prompts PGRO roadshow spread
The series of winter Pulse Roadshows give arable farmers and agronomists an essential update on options for profitable pea and bean cropping for the coming season. Presented across the country by PGRO and Syngenta, the meetings will cover all aspects of the crops’ agronomy and marketing.
The extremely popular meetings also give the chance to quiz specialists from PGRO and Syngenta about the latest developments, and learn from the experiences of other growers.
Pulse crops will have an increasingly important role to help growers meet the three-crop rule and Environmental Focus Area requirements, reports Syngenta Vegetable Technical Manager, Pete Saunders. Spring cropping is also a key element in the rotational battle with blackgrass.
“For many growers, beans were once again among the best performing crops for yield and profitability this harvest, with continued strong demand. The agronomy advice provided by the Pulse Roadshows has been instrumental in helping achieve the consistency and reliability from the crops’ potential.
“This year’s events will be especially valuable for growers now looking to add peas or beans in their cropping plans,” he added.
Presentations will include the advice and topical tips of PGRO herbicide specialist, Jim Scrimshaw, to maximise the potential for weed control in pulses, whilst Kerry Maguire and Becky Ward will give details about recent developments in plant disease and nutrient research, as well as the latest advice to successfully tackle bruchid beetle and other pests.
Other speakers will include Graham Redman of Andersons, addressing the impacts of CAP reform, and BEPA offering an insight to profitable pulse marketing.
The PGRO/Syngenta Pulse Roadshow 2015 topics include:
• Herbicide options.
• Rotational gross margin increases
• Disease control and crop protection update
• Drilling date and plant population interactions
• Pulse crop marketing
• Growers’ experiences
The meetings will conclude with a satisfying Pie and Pea meal.
Invitations and booking forms have been mailed to all PGRO members. Other farmers and agronomists can view more details and book a free Roadshow place on the Syngenta website: www.syngenta.co.uk
For further information:
T: 01223 883501
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district