- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
EPS propagation tray for single use: benefits hygiene and logistics
Ewoud Blaak van Hordijk EPS presents the first trays to Johan Grootscholten of Globe Plant and Ewald de Koning of Plantenkwekerij Van der Lugt.
The single-use EPS trays offer advantages for all companies involved in the chain. After all, one is no longer dependent on when the reusable tray is empty, but now trays can be filled with plugs, put in stock and used at the right time. According to Van der Lugt and Globe Plant, the key benefit of disposable trays is a uniform and pristine tray that can be quickly and easily deployed on the automated sowing lines. Additionally, there’s a great advantage from a hygiene point of view; trays need not be cleaned, but are always new and clean.
The tray is also available for other plant breeders. By making use of new mould technologies, Hordijk EPS succeeded in developing a smooth tray. As a result, roots do not adhere to the inside of the tray, and the plug (without damaging the root) can be easily removed from it.
The tray is light in weight but sufficiently strong for the job. After use, the trays are collected and recycled. The trays have a second life in EPS products, for example as concrete floors or as lightweight fill material in road construction.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"