- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
“Arbomed ” the euro-Mediterranean network of fruit and vegetables producers meets in Tunis
This network gathers producers' organizations of seven Mediterranean countries (Albania, Algeria, Spain, France, Italy, Morocco and Tunisia) who were given for objectives to better manage competition, to develop complementaries and also to approach together the technical or commercial challenges that are more and more often located on a Mediterranean area, such as the climate change for example.
During the plenary session on October 29th, two work axes were validated: the piloting of the irrigation for a better management of the water resources and the observatory of the production and the markets.
One of the key topics concerning the possible partnerships between the producers of the two banks of the Mediterranean was also approved. It could actually lead to the organization of B to B meetings between producers.
It was also decided to share the experiments of each country on the organization of the production and the sector in order to reinforce the economic power of the producers on the market.
This meeting also permitted the appointment of the members of the Steering committee, which brings together 2 representatives of each country. The two copresidents of the Steering committee were thus elected: Adel Messaoudi (UTAP, Tunisia) and Andre Pinatel (AREFLH, France).
During these days of sharing, visits of exploitations were organized by the UTAP and GIFruits in the delegations of Sbikha and El Fahs, as well as a visit of the SIAT (Tunisian International fair of Agriculture).
The last day was devoted to a work meeting on an answer to an “Horizon 2020” invitation to tender on the management of the water resources.
These three days were the occasion to confirm the will of each member from the network to work together and to advance jointly towards the objectives set in February 2014, that is the piloting of the irrigation, the economic observatory and the partnerships.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program
- 2022-01-21 Snow load damages greenhouse roof in Louis Creek Industrial Park
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-21 Gruppo Libretti converts 20 hectares to organic cultivation techniques
- 2022-01-20 Fruit and vegetable shortages to worsen as trucker shortages increase
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 Bruno Cheval appointed as new CEO of CleanGreens
- 2022-01-20 US (AZ): Agtech to take part in $25 million high-tech farming project
- 2022-01-20 "We are attracting a lot of interest from abroad"
- 2022-01-20 Eco-kultura to invest 200 million in greenhouses in Voronezh region
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- 2022-01-19 Machine rental option provides greater flexibility
- 2022-01-19 France: Joint R&D project to develop innovative beauty products
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-19 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"