- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
“Arbomed ” the euro-Mediterranean network of fruit and vegetables producers meets in Tunis
This network gathers producers' organizations of seven Mediterranean countries (Albania, Algeria, Spain, France, Italy, Morocco and Tunisia) who were given for objectives to better manage competition, to develop complementaries and also to approach together the technical or commercial challenges that are more and more often located on a Mediterranean area, such as the climate change for example.
During the plenary session on October 29th, two work axes were validated: the piloting of the irrigation for a better management of the water resources and the observatory of the production and the markets.
One of the key topics concerning the possible partnerships between the producers of the two banks of the Mediterranean was also approved. It could actually lead to the organization of B to B meetings between producers.
It was also decided to share the experiments of each country on the organization of the production and the sector in order to reinforce the economic power of the producers on the market.
This meeting also permitted the appointment of the members of the Steering committee, which brings together 2 representatives of each country. The two copresidents of the Steering committee were thus elected: Adel Messaoudi (UTAP, Tunisia) and Andre Pinatel (AREFLH, France).
During these days of sharing, visits of exploitations were organized by the UTAP and GIFruits in the delegations of Sbikha and El Fahs, as well as a visit of the SIAT (Tunisian International fair of Agriculture).
The last day was devoted to a work meeting on an answer to an “Horizon 2020” invitation to tender on the management of the water resources.
These three days were the occasion to confirm the will of each member from the network to work together and to advance jointly towards the objectives set in February 2014, that is the piloting of the irrigation, the economic observatory and the partnerships.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf