- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
“Arbomed ” the euro-Mediterranean network of fruit and vegetables producers meets in Tunis
This network gathers producers' organizations of seven Mediterranean countries (Albania, Algeria, Spain, France, Italy, Morocco and Tunisia) who were given for objectives to better manage competition, to develop complementaries and also to approach together the technical or commercial challenges that are more and more often located on a Mediterranean area, such as the climate change for example.
During the plenary session on October 29th, two work axes were validated: the piloting of the irrigation for a better management of the water resources and the observatory of the production and the markets.
One of the key topics concerning the possible partnerships between the producers of the two banks of the Mediterranean was also approved. It could actually lead to the organization of B to B meetings between producers.
It was also decided to share the experiments of each country on the organization of the production and the sector in order to reinforce the economic power of the producers on the market.
This meeting also permitted the appointment of the members of the Steering committee, which brings together 2 representatives of each country. The two copresidents of the Steering committee were thus elected: Adel Messaoudi (UTAP, Tunisia) and Andre Pinatel (AREFLH, France).
During these days of sharing, visits of exploitations were organized by the UTAP and GIFruits in the delegations of Sbikha and El Fahs, as well as a visit of the SIAT (Tunisian International fair of Agriculture).
The last day was devoted to a work meeting on an answer to an “Horizon 2020” invitation to tender on the management of the water resources.
These three days were the occasion to confirm the will of each member from the network to work together and to advance jointly towards the objectives set in February 2014, that is the piloting of the irrigation, the economic observatory and the partnerships.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Investigating the right plant spectrum on Chinese medicinal crops
- 2023-01-27 NL: Future Crops goes bankrupt
- 2023-01-27 Cascades launches new eco-friendly packaging for fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2023-01-27 Italian vegetable harvesters are partnering with the Netherlands
- 2023-01-27 Growy acquires assets and team of Kalera International (&ever)
- 2023-01-27 Avedon joins Kind Technologies’ growth journey within the horticulture greenhouse market
- 2023-01-27 Farm Credit Canada is the lead investor in the Global Pioneer Fund
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 CAN: Land Betterment acquires 50% ownership in greenhouse operations
- 2023-01-27 Israeli startup growing ready-to-eat duckweed-based green for daily intake
- 2023-01-27 Village Farms raises $25 million
- 2023-01-26 Bakker Belgium introduces first e-truck in Belgium
- 2023-01-26 Dutch greenhouses make place for houses
- 2023-01-26 Eureka Sunrise wins superior taste award for BerryWorld
- 2023-01-26 Paper bag for naturally moist soil
- 2023-01-26 Japanese plant-based ingredients startup gets investments
- 2023-01-26 New Finnish website launched to link global fresh produce buyers
- 2023-01-26 Church collaborates with Muslim Aid to build 2,720 greenhouses in Bosnia
- 2023-01-26 Kevin van Berlo to Mexico for BVB and love
- 2023-01-26 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"