- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Landmark Plastic Corporation announces new President, COO
Merzweiler, son of Robert G. Merzweiler, Landmark’s Chairman & CEO, has been with the Company the last two years. Bob Merzweiler stated “During his tenure Steve has done a wonderful job of helping in many areas while at the same time learning the business.” Steve previously was with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Chicago. He is a graduate of the University of Dayton with dual majors in entrepreneurship and marketing, and also earned an MBA from DePaul University with dual majors in finance and accounting.
Bob Merzweiler commented, “Steve’s increased role will allow him to explore future innovative ideas while leading the Company on a daily basis to continued success.” He added, “I look forward to assisting Steve in his new role and continuing to contribute myself with strategic initiatives and key projects.”
Steve Merzweiler is the fourth generation of family members in the horticulture business and the third generation in horticultural plastic packaging. Steve’s great grandfather, Alfred Glendenning, operated a greenhouse in Westlake, Ohio. Steve’s grandfather, Leo Merzweiler, founded his first plastics company in 1954 and was a plastics and horticultural packaging pioneer, devoting his entire career to both industries. The family’s thermoformed product innovations continued with his son, Bob, and the establishment in 1984 of Landmark Plastic Corporation.
As a leader in horticultural plant packaging, Landmark helps move concepts to finished products. It designs products and engineers and builds its production tooling in-house utilizing computer aided design and 3D printer modelling. A broad range of products are manufactured by either a thermoforming or an injection moulding process. These products range from propagation trays, packs and flats, pots and hanging baskets, to decorative containers. As a steward of the environment, Landmark actively participates in many sustainability efforts, which include on a substantial level, both the collection of plastic for recycling and the utilization of these resources in its processes.
Landmark Plastic Corporation has manufacturing, warehousing and distribution facilities located in its over 200,000 square foot state-of-the-art headquarters in Akron, Ohio. From this facility, and its warehouse and distribution centre in Florida, Landmark has a complete North American distribution footprint and serves international customers in Asia and Europe.
Statements made in this press release, our website and in our other press releases, which are not historical facts contain “forward-looking” statements (as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) that involve risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements containing words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “plan,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “target” and similar expressions.
The forward-looking statements involve known and uncertain risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond our control. We caution readers that any forward-looking statements made by us are not guarantees of future performance. We disclaim any obligation to update any such factors or to announce publicly the results of any revisions to any of the forward-looking statements to reflect future events or developments.
For more information
Landmark Plastic Corporation
Nathan Keil, Product Marketing Manager at
T: +1 330.785.2200
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 "Additional costs of up to 40% are hard to pass on, which hampers our operating results"
- 2022-06-24 Syngenta announces Eric Boeck as new Head of North America Seeds business
- 2022-06-24 Oppy welcomes back category director of greenhouse
- 2022-06-24 Vertigo Technologies wins the 2022 Topsector T&U Innovation Prize
- 2022-06-24 The last window is set at Schenkeveld Schiphol
- 2022-06-24 Delayed bell pepper production in Campania
- 2022-06-23 "Finnish growers must switch from heating with peat to much pricier wood chips"
- 2022-06-23 New head of research and development at Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
- 2022-06-23 Australia's biggest cucumber farm will be a boon for traditional owners
- 2022-06-23 Duda Farm Fresh Foods announces CEO-elect
- 2022-06-23 Air freight demand begins to decrease amid global economic turmoil
- 2022-06-23 Tsingsky: The first glass greenhouse in China to get bankable loan
- 2022-06-23 Fischer Farms hires new sales director
- 2022-06-23 Van Oers United begins operating under new label: Primeale United
- 2022-06-23 Container farming gains momentum
- 2022-06-22 The first pink Barbastro tomatoes are on sale, and the reception is very good
- 2022-06-22 Michiel van Ginkel appointed to CEO Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 2022-06-22 Ontario Produce Marketing Association announces four new board members
- 2022-06-22 Full lineup of organics highlighted
- 2022-06-22 Demo center being built in Agadir