- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Good results at Konya Seker:
Turkey: 50°C waste water sufficient for Ultra-Clima technology
General manager of the Konya Seker greenhouse, Mr Murat Benli, confirms he is very happy with the results. At first he was worried that the waste-water temperature of 45 to 50°C would not be sufficient to heat his greenhouse during the cold winter period. However, since Ultra-Clima® uses highly effective convection heating technology as its primary heating source, there have been no problems in that regard.
As Murat Benli was already experienced with conventional greenhouses and now has worked with Ultra-Clima greenhouses, he is able to explain the differences clearly. He sees a clear difference in profitability. The Ultra-Clima® greenhouse is more efficient in CO₂ dosing, the crop is stronger and better protected against insects because of the positive pressure, and overall running costs are lower.
Murat Benli: “With the Ultra-Clima greenhouse you need to take into account that everything goes fast. So you need fast workers, fast logistics, fast management, fast marketing. Everything needs to be fast because the plants grow fast in Ultra-Clima!”
Since planting on 5 December 2014, a little over 70 kg/m² of tomatoes on the vine have thus far been harvested. A further 5.5 kg/m² are expected to be harvested through to the end of the season. This will bring the total yield in the second season to over 75 kg/m² of the gross surface of the Ultra-Clima® greenhouse, with a total of 41 clusters of tomatoes.
With the help of Dutch crop consultants from Vortus, Murat Benli will also be trying interplanting in the near future.
For more information:
KUBO Greenhouse projects B.V.
T: +31 174 286 161
F: +31 174 213 609
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
- 2022-08-16 Thomas van den Driessche new CEO of Robovision
- 2022-08-16 500,000 square meters of screen en route to Wittenberg Gemüse
- 2022-08-16 In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- 2022-08-16 Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- 2022-08-16 Biobest Southwest sales team integrated with Beneficial Insectary in Western USA
- 2022-08-15 Asfertglobal increases its sales by 20% in the first half of the year
- 2022-08-15 The Netherlands: Turning insects into fertilizer, feed and oil
- 2022-08-15 Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
- 2022-08-15 Breeder showcases vegetable varieties at summer seed trials
- 2022-08-15 Tony van Egmond joins Ushio Europe Group as Sales Manager Horticulture
- 2022-08-15 Robert Sauer returns to his own company
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems