Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Photo report : Organic greenhouse production in Belarus
Click here for a photo report of the greenhouse in Belarus!
The experts of the greenhouse complex have shared their secret: to increase the yields, they buy bumblebees that pollinate plants in greenhouses.
However, according to the agronomists of the complex, a certain Mr Fedya does a great deal of work by helping to grow organic tomatoes and cucumbers without application of any chemicals.
Thanks to the hard work of the laboratorians, a unique insect has been bred – Phytoseiulus, or Mr. Fedya (its petname for the workers). It eats spider mites, which are the main pests of the plants, saving the trouble and harm of using pesticides. Thus, the production grown at this greenhouse complex is organic.
It is to note that in the following month, experimental banana trees grown in this greenhouse are to bear fruit. The previous harvest was gathered in the end of May 2014: the yield of bananas was relatively small, i.e. about 20 kg. The expansion of the banana plantation is not planned yet.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 Cost Share Organic Certification Fee application period still open
- 2022-07-07 Revamped baby leaf containers to debut at Organic Produce Summit
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish