- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
South Korea: Super Gold Mango Watermelon doing well in Asian, European markets
“The Super Gold has a high sugar content,” explained San - Bin Park, breeder of Asia Seed. “The colour of the flesh is between orange and yellow, and it has a small amount of fibre, so you can eat it easily.” It also has a unique shape, in that it is smaller than typical watermelons and has one end that comes to a point. Also known as the Mango Watermelon, the Super Gold was developed by mixing the yellow watermelon with the favourable taste of a red watermelon.
“The Super Gold has the same chewy texture of a red watermelon and a higher sugar content than the yellow watermelon,” said Park. “It was developed for the Korean, Southwest Asian, Chinese and European markets to compete with both the red-fleshed and yellow-fleshed watermelons.” It's currently enjoying strong demand in Asia. The price for a melon right now is about $3.00 USD per kilogram in South Korea, and a seven-kilogram package of it went for as much as $24 this summer.
“Growers can get high profits in lots of niche markets with this melon because not only does it have a unique shape, but it is also a high quality watermelon,” said Park. “Good profits can also be obtained because of the superior texture and sweetness of this melon over other melons."
For more information:
Asia Seed Co., LTD.
Mr. Jun-Oh Kim, General Manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"