Green peppers today meet the following characteristics:
- Dark green colour
- Slow colouration to red
- Ideal sorting
- Characteristic block shape
- Exceptional quality after harvest and storage
- High productivity
- Characteristic "green" flavour
• Outstanding dark green colour; a basic condition for a good green variety.
• Very slow colouring to red; labour-friendly due to less frequent harvest and a reliable green product, although also possible to harvest red (good experience with this in Belgium).
• Characteristic block shape and a good percentage of solid, firm fruits, which result in good quality/price ratio.
• Better performance as a result of the high productivity and low labour costs.
"In short," concludes Van Vliet, "Morraine is the right choice for the 2014-2015 season from the perspective of both growers and the supply chain."
For more information:
Nico van Vliet (e-mail)
De Ruiter Seeds
Phone +31 105292415
Fax +31 105292400