- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Centre for Senses, London University:
Strawberries evoke happy summer memories
The London institute concentrated on the link between sound, taste and smell by questioning consumers about their emotions while eating different types of fruit. Especially strawberries seem to trigger our senses and remind us of positive and relaxing moments. By performing 74 trials at the sensory lab, the researchers also learned that the sounds of a picnic and lawn mower cutting grass can intensify the taste of strawberries, while office and traffic sounds have the opposite effect.
According to the study, fresh strawberries stir memories of breakfast in bed, summer parties and picnics with family and friends. For those who want to let the summer last longer, Driscoll’s is offering fresh, delicious and beautiful strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Their berries follow the sun, so consumers can enjoy the taste of summer all year round.
Please visit www.driscolls.eu for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"
- 2023-06-27 New clips for tomato and cucumber cultivation
- 2023-06-21 “The new Ronvine tomato is a high-tech variety, resistant to ToBRFV”
- 2023-06-14 Koppert Cress adds Sansho Leaves to its range