- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
set for Nov. 20
US (TX): Aquaponic fish, vegetable production workshop in Prairie View
Aquaponic systems include a circular pattern in which the water from a fish tank flows to a soilless plant growing container. Waste from the fish supplies nutrients to the plants which purifies the water before it returns to the fish tank.
The program will start at 8:30 a.m. and end with a tour of an aquaponic farm in Hockley at 4 p.m., according to Dr. Joe Masabni of College Station, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service vegetable specialist and workshop organizer.
The cost of the program is $75 until Nov. 11 and $95 thereafter. Register online at http://bit.ly/Y1e27w.
Speakers will include commercial aquaponic system owners who will share their experiences on how they started and provide tips on how to operate a productive system. Dr. Todd Sink of College Station, an AgriLife Extension fisheries specialist, will talk about fish species that can be raised in aquaponic systems.
“This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience on aquaponics,” Masabni said. “Participants can find out about the cost of construction/operation, common and not-so-common crops that can be grown, water characteristics, and system operation and maintenance.”
A small-scale aquaponic model will be available for hands-on demonstrations of the system.
Source: Texas A&M AgriLife
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen