- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Philippines: Agri-plastic, the new farming tech
He said the agriculture industry is facing many challenges nowadays and there is a need for farmers to start exploring other farming techniques. Felongco said when a farmer relies simply on traditional farming, he may not cope up when faced with challenges brought about by climate change.
Macplas business development manager Dax M. Alcordo said the company used to produce only agri-plastics for the banana industry, which included seedling bags, twine support, fruit insert, bunch shroud, fruit harvest marker, cluster pack, and box liner.
After seeing the real threat posed by catastrophes to the local agri sector, Felongco said they revisited their vision to include the whole of agriculture, instead of bananas.
He also said they are encouraging those who want to become farmers in the future to start early through the use of their products.
Aside from agri-plastics for banana, other agri-plastic products include mulch film, tunnel film, solar dryer film, silage bags, fruit sun shield, grain bags, and grow bag. For the aquaculture industry, they have a salt bed liner, fry bag, and pond liner.
One of their popular products is the grow bag which can be used to grow vegetables and herbs. The product is the right solution for those who want to have a vegetable or herb garden, given the limited space. It can be used for a vertical or hanging garden.
Felongco said the company has invested into research and development to ensure that the products used by farmers are effective and not harmful to the environment or the farm. He said unlike regular plastics you find in the market, their plastics have been developed to be durable.
Click here for the complete article at Sunstar.com.ph
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"