Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
Star Roses, a satisfied user of Hoogendoorn iSii Compact:
Technical level in Ecuador and Latin America on the rise due to customer demand
At Star Roses, they have purchased a top of the line irrigation system installed by Nitzan and controlled by the irrigation computer from Hoogendoorn: the iSii Compact. This irrigation system has helped the production manager of the farm to control and maintain the EC and pH level on every irrigation cycle and to have the peace of mind that their plants are receiving the precise amount of water and fertilizer without any waste.
Diego Negrete, owner of Star Roses claims: “We have not cut the first flower since the equipment has been installed, but we already see stronger, thicker and healthier stems and leaves. Based on our extensive experience, we know that we will have better flowers this cycle. This equipment has given us the control that before was unachievable.”
Thanks to this project, which is being used as a reference by many other flower breeders in the region, the technological level in Ecuador and Latin America continues to grow to meet the high quality standards of purchasing customers worldwide. Hoogendoorn is very pleased to be part of this growth and to bring the best automation solutions to our partners and customers in more than 70 countries.
For more information:
NL 3131 HX Vlaardingen
NL 3130 AC Vlaardingen
T: +31 (0)10 460 80 80
F: +31 (0)10 460 80 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 Robert Sauer returns to his own company
- 2022-08-15 Asfertglobal increases its sales by 20% in the first half of the year
- 2022-08-15 The Netherlands: Turning insects into fertilizer, feed and oil
- 2022-08-15 Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
- 2022-08-15 Breeder showcases vegetable varieties at summer seed trials
- 2022-08-15 Tony van Egmond joins Ushio Europe Group as Sales Manager Horticulture
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- 2022-08-12 US (NY): New vertical farm opened to create fungi-based bacon
- 2022-08-12 Russia to ban some imports of seeds from Europe and Canada
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project