- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
HollandDoor supports Kafrelsheik University to develop substrate cultivation training courses
Egyptian growers visit Holland to learn about hydroponics
With a programme geared specifically towards Egyptian conditions, lecturers are receiving training for several weeks spread throughout the year, mainly in Egypt. Last week HollandDoor organised a visit to Dutch farms for the highly motivated group.
Many students, but also business people from the private sector, are educated and trained at this university. Egypt produces a lot of high-quality products but also struggles with water shortages, diseases and a lack of knowledge. By the beginning of next year the facilities on the campus will have to be adapted to provide hands-on training in substrate cultivation for course participants. Work is already on-going on a two-year Master in Protected Cultivation programme, which is due to start next year.
Photos of the first training, which took place in June, and pictures of the visit, end August, in the Netherlands are enclosed. The training courses have been made possible with financial support from Nuffic.
For more information
HollandDoor Coöperatie U.A.
T: +31 (0)622 909 192
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more