- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
HollandDoor supports Kafrelsheik University to develop substrate cultivation training courses
Egyptian growers visit Holland to learn about hydroponics
With a programme geared specifically towards Egyptian conditions, lecturers are receiving training for several weeks spread throughout the year, mainly in Egypt. Last week HollandDoor organised a visit to Dutch farms for the highly motivated group.
Many students, but also business people from the private sector, are educated and trained at this university. Egypt produces a lot of high-quality products but also struggles with water shortages, diseases and a lack of knowledge. By the beginning of next year the facilities on the campus will have to be adapted to provide hands-on training in substrate cultivation for course participants. Work is already on-going on a two-year Master in Protected Cultivation programme, which is due to start next year.
Photos of the first training, which took place in June, and pictures of the visit, end August, in the Netherlands are enclosed. The training courses have been made possible with financial support from Nuffic.
For more information
HollandDoor Coöperatie U.A.
T: +31 (0)622 909 192
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt