- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- Finland: Robots will pollinate vegetables in greenhouses
- 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CO): Two Rivers sub signs two tenants for Marijuana Greenhouses
Under the terms of each lease, GrowCo will provide each grower with a 90,000 square foot fully equipped greenhouse and a 15,000 square foot marijuana infused products processing facility in exchange for annual lease payments of $20 a square foot for three years. Each grower will have the option to renew their lease for two additional three year terms.
In Colorado, 95+% of marijuana is grown inefficiently in converted warehouses using artificial light, HVAC systems, and dehumidifiers imitating skillsets that were developed prior to the legalization of marijuana. GrowCo greenhouses use state-of-the-art technology and skillsets used in commercial agriculture, which significantly reduces energy costs utilizing natural sunlight and natural open-air convection flows. GrowCo greenhouses grow a higher quality product in significantly higher volumes at substantially lower costs than converted warehouses. GrowCo's greenhouses are manufactured by Van Wingerden Greenhouse Company of Mills River, North Carolina.
Tim Beall, President and COO of GrowCo stated, "The marijuana industry in Colorado is developing into a commercial agricultural industry. If a closed-in converted warehouse, utilizing artificial light and HVAC systems, were the best way to grow herbs, fruits and vegetables you would see converted warehouses growing food everywhere. You don't see that. Instead, you see computer-controlled greenhouses capturing the natural light of the sun with open fresh air venting as the perfect growing environment. The same is true for marijuana. If you want to provide the highest quality organic product at the lowest prices for consumers, it will be grown in a greenhouse."
GrowCo provides qualified licensed growers with financing to transition from converted warehouses to greenhouses. For more information about GrowCo, visit www.trgrowco.com
For more information
Two Rivers Water & Farming Company
T: +1 (303) 222-1000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 Big harvest for muskmelon in Indonesian greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-27 Kazakhstan greenhouse gets renovated after 30 years
- 2022-06-27 New greenhouse at Highfield Farm boosts production for local food banks
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-24 Ghana: Kumasi embraces greenhouse cropping technology
- 2022-06-24 Pakistan: Balochistan government installs 396 green tunnels to enhance off-season crop production
- 2022-06-24 Renu Energy Solutions partners with University to power village greenhouse
- 2022-06-23 New 5.000m2 greenhouse project in Iraq
- 2022-06-23 Ukraine: cabinet allocates grants to create gardens and greenhouses
- 2022-06-22 Coating as a base, screens as "emergency brake"
- 2022-06-21 US (NH): How a new greenhouse project in Berlin aims to help produce more local food
- 2022-06-20 India: Irulas' greenhouse dream wilt as government funding dries up
- 2022-06-20 British Columbia: rolling out a greenhouse gutter
- 2022-06-17 Let’s Grow Together: developing an AgTech ecosystem in Kentucky
- 2022-06-16 Armenia: Backyard greenhouse constructions underway in Artsakh
- 2022-06-16 Gartenbau Vogel opens new greenhouse for bell pepper cultivation
- 2022-06-16 Desert strawberries coming to UAE supermarkets