- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Fair seed has taken root:
The harvest of organic Christmas tree seeds in Georgia has now been gathered
For several years, it has been possible to buy organic Christmas trees in Denmark as well as abroad. The market for organic Christmas trees is growing, and more and more people show an interest in becoming organic producers.
Of course we are happy still to be the sole supplier of certified organic Christmas tree seeds in the world, says Marianne Bols, proprietor of Bols Forstplanteskole in Jutland, Denmark, progenitor of organic Fair Seeds.
In addition to the organic certification, Bols Forstplanteskole has achieved membership of the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO), also as the first producer of Christmas trees in the world. This membership is the result of several years of endeavours to improve the working conditions of the cone pickers in Georgia and focusing on a sustainable production.
When you buy an organic product, you expect the entire process from start to finish to have been organic. A producer of organic Christmas trees in the EU will be obliged to use the organic seeds available on the market the coming spring, says the proprietor of the Danish garden centre.
The organic producers may also join the Fair Trees concept and consequently be able to supply Christmas trees that are organic as well as Fair Trade approved.
Fair Trade Denmark was also present during the harvest in Georgia where the audit took place.
For more information:
T: +45 75 76 00 43
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants