- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Issues Ink launches European Seed Magazine to serve the growing seed industry
The magazine was developed in co-operation between the European Seed Association and Issues Ink and will offer rich and relevant content, further advancing the € 7 billion seed industry in Europe.
"It has been a very rewarding experience working with the European seed industry to develop this publication and website", says Shawn Brook, president of Issues Ink. "Our understanding of the global seed industry, combined with the deep knowledge and networks of the European Seed Association, has created a wonderful opportunity. The need for a communications channel, both digital and in print, that can offer critical sharing opportunities and unique content to the seed industry was made very clear as we talked to various stakeholders within Europe. And from those conversations has come European Seed magazine and European-Seed.com. We and the industry are very excited about the launch of both come October at the ESA's Annual Meeting." states Brook. "Our efforts have been welcomed and we very much look forward to building our business in Europe."
ANOVE’s expertise will guarantee a successful roll out of ESTA in Spain. “We are very happy to welcome ANOVE, our Spanish member association, as national agent for the implementation of our European Seed Treatment Assurance scheme ESTA”, Garlich v. Essen, Secretary General of ESA stated. “ESTA is a key instrument to assure quality and safety for our customers and the environment and to maintain seed treatment as the most modern and most sustainable way of seed and crop protection in Europe.”
Garlich von Essen, European Seed Association Secretary General agrees to the assessment: "The European seed sector is at a critical point in its development and there are many issues to be addressed. The new European Seed provides a vehicle to get key messages out from and to the industry and a forum for discussion outside of formal meeting settings. We are looking forward to seeing and reading the first edition in October."
As part of the start-up of the magazine, European Seed has assembled an editorial advisory board that represents a cross section of the seed industry in Europe. The board will help shape the content of the magazine, providing diverse opinions and expertise. With extensive global seed experience, former International Seed Federation Secretary General, Marcel Bruins, is taking the editorial lead with European Seed magazine in the role of editorial director.
For more information:
Shawn Brook, President
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Angello Solarelli marketed as a healthy snack
- 2022-11-30 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-11-30 CAN (ALB): Greenhouse moving to new owner, but land still for sale
- 2022-11-30 Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
- 2022-11-30 "We are now in a position to supply German goods for the early Easter business"
- 2022-11-30 Seaweed grower seeks greenhouse: "The hardest part is already on board"
- 2022-11-30 Jamaica: Youth for Excellence to Host Symposia in Grants Pen and Rose Town
- 2022-11-30 Nouryon announces stake in AGEYE technologies
- 2022-11-30 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-11-30 France: dynamic demand for dried herb bouquets
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-29 Romanian company Microgreens believes in 'micro greenhouses'
- 2022-11-29 J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- 2022-11-29 AI-enabled farming to reach 500,000 smallholder farmers in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Dutch geothermal project gets new buyer
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Return of the watermelon
- 2022-11-29 Canada: Lethbridge College researchers to give tour of Brooks greenhouse facility
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new Directors as Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer re-elected as Chair
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"