- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Issues Ink launches European Seed Magazine to serve the growing seed industry
The magazine was developed in co-operation between the European Seed Association and Issues Ink and will offer rich and relevant content, further advancing the € 7 billion seed industry in Europe.
"It has been a very rewarding experience working with the European seed industry to develop this publication and website", says Shawn Brook, president of Issues Ink. "Our understanding of the global seed industry, combined with the deep knowledge and networks of the European Seed Association, has created a wonderful opportunity. The need for a communications channel, both digital and in print, that can offer critical sharing opportunities and unique content to the seed industry was made very clear as we talked to various stakeholders within Europe. And from those conversations has come European Seed magazine and European-Seed.com. We and the industry are very excited about the launch of both come October at the ESA's Annual Meeting." states Brook. "Our efforts have been welcomed and we very much look forward to building our business in Europe."
ANOVE’s expertise will guarantee a successful roll out of ESTA in Spain. “We are very happy to welcome ANOVE, our Spanish member association, as national agent for the implementation of our European Seed Treatment Assurance scheme ESTA”, Garlich v. Essen, Secretary General of ESA stated. “ESTA is a key instrument to assure quality and safety for our customers and the environment and to maintain seed treatment as the most modern and most sustainable way of seed and crop protection in Europe.”
Garlich von Essen, European Seed Association Secretary General agrees to the assessment: "The European seed sector is at a critical point in its development and there are many issues to be addressed. The new European Seed provides a vehicle to get key messages out from and to the industry and a forum for discussion outside of formal meeting settings. We are looking forward to seeing and reading the first edition in October."
As part of the start-up of the magazine, European Seed has assembled an editorial advisory board that represents a cross section of the seed industry in Europe. The board will help shape the content of the magazine, providing diverse opinions and expertise. With extensive global seed experience, former International Seed Federation Secretary General, Marcel Bruins, is taking the editorial lead with European Seed magazine in the role of editorial director.
For more information:
Shawn Brook, President
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending