- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
The Ellepot System:
Fast decomposing Veggie paper for environmentally friendly, cost-saving lettuce cultivation
The big question for lettuce growers is how to meet the new higher standards from retail about environmentally sound cultivation and also how to effectively keep costs down.
The Ellepot System has a solution to the above mentioned problems, which is confirmed by the use in several nurseries in large parts of Asia and Scandinavia.
Ellegaard A/S the company behind The Ellepot System provides customized machine solutions that thought in customer requirements, the setup may have different features such as Dibbler and Seeder Unit for preparation and insertion of seeds into the Ellepots, which is used for lettuce cultivation.
Since lettuce is a fast growing crop, Ellegaard has developed a special Ellepot Veggie paper that decomposes faster than paper for example the flowers segment.
The germination takes place in Ellepot trays and then put into a Hydroponic or Dry Hydroponic system.
Besides being compatible with many growers current way to grow, the biggest benefit of using The Ellepot System is at the harvest of the lettuce where the pot made of biodegradable paper can be thrown out and the remaining top packaged and sent out into the shops. In traditional cultivation the farmers pay to dispose of their plastic pots.
If we talk about cultivation in "open field", we see how the faster root development leads to an earlier plant out as farmers do not have to wait for full root development as the special Ellepot Veggie paper holds the substrate into place.
When using The Ellepot System for cultivation of lettuce the following advantages are achieved:
• Faster root development and thus allowing earlier plant out.
• Cost savings because Ellepot paper is cheaper than plastic.
• Saves time on waste management (collection and removal of the plastic pots).
Besides a cost-saving production there will also be important statements towards the market that the product has been produced in a green and sustainable way, which is an issue the retail and the world´s population are demanding more and more.
For further information about The Ellepot System
Brian D. Schmidt
T: + 45 76 14 76 65+ 45 76 14 76 65
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants