- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Gothic Arch Greenhouses:
Cool down crops naturally with evaporative cooling methods
Evaporative Cooling, like perspiration, naturally cools down a structure. Just like sweat cools the body, evaporative cooling methods rely on heat and air movement to turn water into vapour, so that when it evaporates, temperature reduces inside the structure. In fact, when applying this idea to greenhouse, the ambient temperature inside can cool as much as 20 degrees, just through evaporation.
Similar to the standard HVAC systems found in residential homes, the heat beating down on a greenhouse over-works the basic ventilation system by trying to maintain a tolerable, cool temperature. This strains the ventilation system, adds to the overall cost of the operation and imposes stress on the plants. To reduce these costs and risks, Gothic Arch Greenhouses encourages growers to consider an additional evaporative cooling system.
Buzz Sierke, president of Gothic Arch Greenhouses, a 70 year old family owned and operated business, is an excessive heat expert. "Centuries ago, when the Egyptians would either hang wet blankets across openings or have servants fan them, evaporative cooling methods were being used. Luckily, there are many mechanical options available to growers today. This is a powerful way of effectively and inexpensively cooling crops. We have a huge selection of greenhouse cooling products, which are the highest quality and lowest priced on the market," Sierke asserts.
When considering using evaporative cooling methods, Sierke recommends keeping track of two things: the Dry Bulb and the Wet Bulb temperatures. The Dry Bulb is the "regular" air temperature, whereas the Wet Bulb temperature shows the lowest reading reached when using evaporation. Using these two readings, the friendly, knowledgeable staff at Gothic Arch Greenhouses can custom calculate both relative humidity and the level of energy that is needed to change liquid to vapour, and thus efficiently cool the inside of the structure.
The folks at Gothic Arch Greenhouses, a highly respected leader in the industry, help accommodate particular needs. " We have available complete Evaporative Cooling System, the evaporative cooling pads, the WayCool portable evaporative cooler, the Pro-Kool evaporative cooler for spot cooling, as well as Atomized Fog systems," Sierke asserts.
Plant enthusiasts know that erratic peaks in heat and humidity directly influence growing situations. By installing an Atomized Fog Greenhouse Cooling system from Gothic Arch Greenhouses, gardeners can control temperature conditions year-round. Fogging systems are proven to promote healthy plant growth, reduce the need for irrigation and other water related methods in summer.
Don't sweat over rising temperatures in the greenhouse. Whether it's an entire evaporative cooling system, fans, foggers or cooling pads made from a specially formulated cellulose paper, impregnated with insoluble anti-rot salts, stiffening saturates and wetting agents, let the horticulture experts at Gothic Arch Greenhouses custom design a natural based evaporative cooling system for your particular needs. Visit Gothic Arch Greenhouses' Website for more or call 1 -800-531-4769 and talk to an expert.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction