- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Giant greenhouse complex to be built in Tyumen, Russia
This giant greenhouse will be equipped with advanced systems of drip watering, screening, assimilation lighting; and only modern vegetable growing techniques will be used. The realization of the project will ensure the all-year-round provision of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and green grocery. The completed first phase of construction work will result in production of 9 000 tonnes of vegetables per year.
The construction works are performed at the expense of Russian investors with support of Tyumen Government. The total amount of investment is 46 million Euro.
The ground floor is already finished; the glazing is now in progress. By the end of the year the first phase buildings are expected to be commissioned.
The management of LLC Greenhouse TyumenAgro is going to start recruiting shortly. The new giant greenhouse will provide 200 Tyumen residents with job positions, and will turn a profit of 13 million Euro as tax liabilities.
According to the officials from the Ministry of Agriculture in Russia, the greenhouse vegetable growing is very promising and actively developing. During the last two years there has been ‘a greenhouse boom’, i.e. reconstruction and upgrading of existing greenhouse complexes as well as building of new ones.
Tyumen is among the leaders in greenhouse business development in the country, and has the leading position in Ural Federal district.
Siberia is considered to have cheerful prospects on development of the agricultural complex, regardless of its unfavourable weather conditions. However, it is admitted that the agricultural production in Siberia is more expensive and painstaking, that is why it requires the Government support.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Ghana: Kumasi embraces greenhouse cropping technology
- 2022-06-24 Pakistan: Balochistan government installs 396 green tunnels to enhance off-season crop production
- 2022-06-24 Renu Energy Solutions partners with University to power village greenhouse
- 2022-06-23 New 5.000m2 greenhouse project in Iraq
- 2022-06-23 Ukraine: cabinet allocates grants to create gardens and greenhouses
- 2022-06-22 Coating as a base, screens as "emergency brake"
- 2022-06-21 US (NH): How a new greenhouse project in Berlin aims to help produce more local food
- 2022-06-20 India: Irulas' greenhouse dream wilt as government funding dries up
- 2022-06-20 British Columbia: rolling out a greenhouse gutter
- 2022-06-17 Let’s Grow Together: developing an AgTech ecosystem in Kentucky
- 2022-06-16 Armenia: Backyard greenhouse constructions underway in Artsakh
- 2022-06-16 Gartenbau Vogel opens new greenhouse for bell pepper cultivation
- 2022-06-16 Desert strawberries coming to UAE supermarkets
- 2022-06-14 Time-lapse video of the construction of a 15-hectare greenhouse in Canada
- 2022-06-14 CAN: A geodesic greenhouse has been erected at the Matawa Training Centre
- 2022-06-14 From spice girl to greenhouse girl
- 2022-06-14 Leafy greens grow at Central Texas hydroponics farm
- 2022-06-10 Four 10-acre leafy green greenhouses to be built in upstate New York
- 2022-06-09 "We can market our berries before anybody else can"
- 2022-06-09 North Country Growers expects to start greenhouse construction next month