- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Giant greenhouse complex to be built in Tyumen, Russia
This giant greenhouse will be equipped with advanced systems of drip watering, screening, assimilation lighting; and only modern vegetable growing techniques will be used. The realization of the project will ensure the all-year-round provision of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and green grocery. The completed first phase of construction work will result in production of 9 000 tonnes of vegetables per year.
The construction works are performed at the expense of Russian investors with support of Tyumen Government. The total amount of investment is 46 million Euro.
The ground floor is already finished; the glazing is now in progress. By the end of the year the first phase buildings are expected to be commissioned.
The management of LLC Greenhouse TyumenAgro is going to start recruiting shortly. The new giant greenhouse will provide 200 Tyumen residents with job positions, and will turn a profit of 13 million Euro as tax liabilities.
According to the officials from the Ministry of Agriculture in Russia, the greenhouse vegetable growing is very promising and actively developing. During the last two years there has been ‘a greenhouse boom’, i.e. reconstruction and upgrading of existing greenhouse complexes as well as building of new ones.
Tyumen is among the leaders in greenhouse business development in the country, and has the leading position in Ural Federal district.
Siberia is considered to have cheerful prospects on development of the agricultural complex, regardless of its unfavourable weather conditions. However, it is admitted that the agricultural production in Siberia is more expensive and painstaking, that is why it requires the Government support.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Indoor-grown leafy greens brand surpasses traditional field-grown brands
- 2023-09-29 US companies announce collaboration on expected greenhouse project
- 2023-09-29 “We are constantly trialing 200+ snacking vegetable varieties”
- 2023-09-29 Double inflated plastic solutions shown at Fruit Attraction
- 2023-09-29 US: U of I hopes a new greenhouse will be an incubator for bioenergy crops
- 2023-09-28 22-hectare greenhouse in Mongolia to be completed by the end of the year
- 2023-09-27 Providing a unique greenhouse experience and launch of new sweet pepper variety
- 2023-09-27 Foil greenhouse lets Belgian strawberry grower expand
- 2023-09-25 Greenhouse Cluster Development project is way in Georgia
- 2023-09-22 CAN: Horticultural center topped with roof informed by Fibonacci spirals
- 2023-09-21 Ukrainian farmers receive subsidies to develop the construction of gardens and greenhouses
- 2023-09-21 Greenhouse farming in the Mogilev region is switching to new technologies
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-20 Lettuce industry Florida expands into new production systems
- 2023-09-20 Ukraine: Ivano-Frankivsk community are establishing a greenhouse farm
- 2023-09-20 Low- and mid-tech greenhouse constructions ready for assembly
- 2023-09-19 China: New glass greenhouse are under construction in Beijing
- 2023-09-18 Environmental association points out flaws in greenhouse expansion plan
- 2023-09-15 NL: Bejo's new plant nursery officially opened
- 2023-09-14 Philippines: Korean funded greenhouses set for turnover by November