- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Illumitex and FarmedHere Partner to push technological envelope
FarmedHere provides environmentally sustainable, socially wholesome and economically viable lettuce, herbs and tomatoes to Chicagoland grocers like Whole Foods, Sunset Foods and Mariano’s.
FarmedHere’s vertical aquaponic grow systems are currently one of the world’s most advanced operations for producing high quality produce. It was realized that by incorporating the patented horticulture LED lighting technology provided by Illumitex Inc., FarmedHere has entered into a new advanced field of plant produce production.
FarmedHere says its vertical farming technology —including Illumitex lights — and local distribution methods tremendously reduce energy use, travel time and costs and make their model one of the most sustainable ways to guarantee access to fresh, healthy produce in city centres, in any season.
“Recent advances in lighting technology and farming methods allow FarmedHere produce to be grown more efficiently than on outdoor farms, while creating local city jobs and making post-industrial buildings alive again,” says Paul Hardej, FarmedHere Chief Technology Officer.
“The new opportunities and confirmed results that our patented technology enables FarmedHere to capitalize on is very exciting,” says Paul Gray, Director of Horticulture Lighting Sales and Sr. Plant Scientist. “It is a great point in the history of our two companies, and is due to the current findings through the collaborative efforts put forth.”
Using grow lights from a number of manufacturers, FarmedHere performed extensive testing and trials across a wide variety of crops. Illumitex Eclipse Series II lights outperformed all of the other lighting options tested. Illumitex lights are specifically tuned to give each type of plant the exact light it needs for optimal growth, fostering faster growth and yielding increased biomass and more nutritious plants.
“Just like FarmedHere, Illumitex realizes there is a global food-production crisis,” says Illumitex CEO Chris Hammelef. “We are so pleased to be able to work with this forward-thinking company to supply the most nutritious, tasty vegetables possible.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm