- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Illumitex and FarmedHere Partner to push technological envelope
FarmedHere provides environmentally sustainable, socially wholesome and economically viable lettuce, herbs and tomatoes to Chicagoland grocers like Whole Foods, Sunset Foods and Mariano’s.
FarmedHere’s vertical aquaponic grow systems are currently one of the world’s most advanced operations for producing high quality produce. It was realized that by incorporating the patented horticulture LED lighting technology provided by Illumitex Inc., FarmedHere has entered into a new advanced field of plant produce production.
FarmedHere says its vertical farming technology —including Illumitex lights — and local distribution methods tremendously reduce energy use, travel time and costs and make their model one of the most sustainable ways to guarantee access to fresh, healthy produce in city centres, in any season.
“Recent advances in lighting technology and farming methods allow FarmedHere produce to be grown more efficiently than on outdoor farms, while creating local city jobs and making post-industrial buildings alive again,” says Paul Hardej, FarmedHere Chief Technology Officer.
“The new opportunities and confirmed results that our patented technology enables FarmedHere to capitalize on is very exciting,” says Paul Gray, Director of Horticulture Lighting Sales and Sr. Plant Scientist. “It is a great point in the history of our two companies, and is due to the current findings through the collaborative efforts put forth.”
Using grow lights from a number of manufacturers, FarmedHere performed extensive testing and trials across a wide variety of crops. Illumitex Eclipse Series II lights outperformed all of the other lighting options tested. Illumitex lights are specifically tuned to give each type of plant the exact light it needs for optimal growth, fostering faster growth and yielding increased biomass and more nutritious plants.
“Just like FarmedHere, Illumitex realizes there is a global food-production crisis,” says Illumitex CEO Chris Hammelef. “We are so pleased to be able to work with this forward-thinking company to supply the most nutritious, tasty vegetables possible.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation