- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Growers shortlisted for International Grower of the Year Awards 2014
The shortlist was selected by an international jury from nominations submitted by AIPH member grower organisations.
Shortlisted businesses are:
The Netherlands: Schoneveld Breeding based in Twello, the Netherlands, a specialist in flowering pot plants including cyclamen and primula, with a substantial share of the world market for cyclamen: approximately 80% the Netherlands, 50% Europe and 35% worldwide.
Canada: Winkelmolen Nursery, a tree and shrub grower in Ontario, Canada, situated on 600 acres of land producing trees and shrubs for garden centres, cities, conservation areas and other nurseries.
China: Fujian Liancheng Orchid Corp., a Chinese orchid breeder and grower based in the Fujian province of China, with three production bases totalling an area of 800,004?, producing more than 11 million orchids of seven major varieties and over 260 species a year.
Denmark: Queen® nursery owned by Knud Jepsen A/S, a producer and developer of kalanchoe, based on a 120,000 m2 nursery north of Aarhus, Denmark, producing 22 million plants a year and selling products in 75 countries.
The winner will be announced at a gala dinner on 17 September 2014 during the AIPH Annual Congress at the Expo Plaza Hotel in Qingdao, China, where they will receive a golden rose trophy. Runners-up will receive silver and bronze roses with a special plaque for fourth place.
Commenting on the contest AIPH President, Vic Krahn, commented “This year we have seen a record number of nominations for the competition so to have reached the shortlist is a significant achievement for each of these businesses. Each one, in their own way, is helping to set the standard for quality plant production to drive the industry forward into the future. I am personally looking forward to meeting each of these finalists and congratulating them on their success”.
To book places at the gala dinner contact email@example.com.
For more information
Tim Briercliffe, Secretary General
Tel: +44 (0) 118 9308956
Mobile: +44 (0) 7885 750324
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE