- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: BTGA announces theme for 2014 Conference: 'An invitation to innovation'
Over the last few years, the British Tomato Conference has grown in reputation, proving itself to be the place to meet, to network and to discuss the current issues, always with an eye on the future. And not just for tomato growing. This year many of our conference topics are relevant to not just the whole protected horticultural sector but also field crop growers and indeed, all are invited to get involved.
The event has proved so popular with such a broad range of important business issues being discussed that this year’s conference has grown by an (optional) extra half day to accommodate a host of important energy related topics in advance of the main event.
Whether you attend part of, or the whole event, there are a range of options to suit individual and company requirements. The conference will have a diverse audience ranging from growers to researchers, retailers, suppliers and just about everyone else in the produce supply chain.
A selection of the pictures from last year's BTGA Conference. Click here for the full photoreport
This years’ event will be held at our exciting new venue, The Chesford Grange Hotel and Conference Centre, Warwickshire, situated close to the country’s agricultural heart at Stoneleigh Park. Holding a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for accommodation, this top quality venue has a superb Conference Suite as well as excellent leisure facilities which will be available to all Tomato Conference delegates.
In advance of the main conference the pre-conference event commences on the afternoon of the 24th of September with a Farm Energy Centre led seminar on ‘Smart Energy Trading’. A ‘must attend’ event for anyone concerned about energy use (and who isn’t?) who wishes to gain an insight into the innovative developments in this technology along with the practicalities of energy trading. An invitation to innovation! Following the afternoon session, BTGA members will be invited to attend the AGM. Other delegates will be able to visit a wealth of high quality trade stands, network or simply enjoy a drink at the bar and make use of the leisure facilities before our famous conference dinner which will be preceded by a drinks reception which this year has a very special after dinner speaker.
The 2014 UK Tomato Conference will be a unique opportunity, to entertain, be entertained and meet industry colleagues and associates, make new connections, as well as get updated on recent and forthcoming developments in important aspects of production, marketing and retail.
On the morning of Thursday 25th September BTGA Chairman Nigel Bartle welcomes delegates to the morning session of the main conference programme, starting with a word from our main sponsor, Philips Lighting, the conference opens with a major UK retailer discussing their vision for the future, followed by speakers discussing market analysis, industry strategy as well as business critical developments in legislation. The morning session concludes with a focus on to the future when several HDC studentships give a brief insight into their work (supported by a poster session) and is an opportunity for all to meet some of the future experts in our industry.
The inspiring afternoon agenda has an altogether more technical flavour. BTGA Technical Committee Chairman, Phil Pearson introduces speakers discussing a range of innovative approaches to technical issues, from energy efficiency to pest and disease control now and in the future, world renowned speakers presenting their latest findings and insights helping keep us all ahead of the curve!
Places have been limited in previous years, at our new venue, demand will be high, for all the sections of this great value event. Full details of how to book will be on the TGA website (www.britishtomatoes.co.uk ) in the coming week, so please save the dates and email Julie Woolley at the TGA office now (email@example.com) to book your places early and accept your “Invitation to Innovation”!
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen