- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New Vision Forum to focus on 'What's Not New', create strategies to carry retail business forward
Nearly three years ago we created New Vision Forum to help a limited number of forward-thinking garden centre owners imagine what would become of retail and where they would be now. Look at what has happened. Think about what it means. Cars now “self-park.” Amazon ships to some of their customer’s products they THINK they will order, before those customers even think about it. What can’t your smart phone – that Internet cloud in the palm of your hand – buy with just a few touches of a finger? Online plant sales are skyrocketing at wholesale and retail; you probably don’t even know it yet.
The graveyard of defunct businesses continues to expand. In it are thousands more chain store locations, and thousands more independent, locally-owned small businesses, along with dozens and dozens of garden centres. The strong survived. The smart thrived. This will be true again in the future.
John Stanley and Sid Raisch
Everybody stopped talking about life after the recession because life during the recession was really the priority. Depending on your view, we are either still in or just out of the Great Recession. We’ve survived, and we must continue on. We are doing things differently than we were just a few years ago. Does anybody really think we won’t be doing things even more differently in a few years?
We have completely updated New Vision Forum. This is a place where you can work to develop your business with peers from across the country. It is not a series of lectures, one after the other. We will set the scene with our views and perspectives and then apply the power of people – as the group will develop those ideas to create strategies to carry your business forward. This is a unique opportunity to grow your business further ahead of the rest.
Imagine working alongside 30 other (non-competing) garden centre retailers envisioning and developing your future. These will not necessarily be the biggest companies, nor the most famous. Rather, they will be selected for their potential to play a meaningful role participating in the dialogue. Most importantly, they will be the ones likely to act on their understanding of what they must do to be vibrant and successful beyond the next five years.
Should you be part of this unique forum – one of those who will make a difference?
The 30 delegates will be amidst the best thinkers in garden retail today and tomorrow. This will include some clients of John’s and Sid’s, plus those who we believe are the top retail thinkers among garden centres. New Vision Forum is organized and hosted by AmericanHort, and will be held August 20-21 at the Portland Convention Centre in Portland, Oregon just prior to the Farwest Show, and on August 28-29 in the Baltimore, MD area. You are invited to participate in one or both.
Join us on this journey of change to grow your business ideas and sales
There will be no trade press in the room. Everything is confidential. It will be just the two of us, very limited staff, and 30 very smart retailers. We hope you will be there with us, along with the one or two persons closest to you along to ensure you and they are on the same page about your future together.
About Sid Raisch and John Stanley
Sid Raisch, is the founder and President of Horticultural Advantage, a consulting firm for independent garden centres and their suppliers.
As a retail consultant, John Stanley has been working with local government entities, town centre developers, retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, shopping centres, farmers markets and libraries to grow sustainability, profitability and market share for over 30 years in over 20 countries.
For more information, visit www.americanhort.org or contact:
T: +1 937-302-0423
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11
- 2022-06-16 Final hours of GreenTech get going
- 2022-06-16 Dutch growers welcome visitors during sunny edition of 'Visit the greenhouse'
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-14 Delphy organizes a well-visited Field Day
- 2022-06-14 Good start for GreenTech
- 2022-06-13 Getting ready for GreenTech: here's your practical information