- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
US (PA): VEG-E Systems delivers fresh lettuce direct to local businesses
Dennis Riling (left), President and Founder of Veg-e Systems, and Tim Sulzer (right), Vice- President and Co-Founder of Veg-e Systems.
“We already have been delivering our lettuce to some businesses in Doylestown, and the feedback we’ve received is excellent,” Riling said. “People like the convenience of receiving our lettuce at the office, and they can take it home and share it with their families.”
Through Doylestown Fresh’s new Business CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program, local businesses order cases of fresh, delicious lettuce up to two times a week. The lettuce, which is pesticide-free, herbicide-free, and non-GMO, will then be delivered during the business day. Cases consist of 12 5-ounce packs of Fresh Mix, a combination of Green Sweet Crisp and Red Butter Lettuces.
Doylestown Fresh’s Business CSA program is an easy and powerful way local businesses can support their employees’ healthy eating habits, the local Doylestown economy, and the local foodshed. It makes a great addition to an existing employee health and wellness program since businesses can have convenient access to fresh, nutritious lettuce year round.
Doylestown Fresh is the local brand of VEG-E Systems, an indoor hydroponic farm based in Doylestown. VEG-E Systems is dedicated to giving local communities access to fresh, healthy produce. The company has local roots as it was founded by Delaware Valley College alumni Dennis Riling and Tim Sulzer.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt