Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Nature & More first to market with new sugar cane packaging
Paul Hendriks, packaging expert at Nature & More, is a satisfied man: "Together with our suppliers we have been working for two years to develop these new packing materials. We are now selling organic vine tomatoes, pears and physalis packed with the sugarcane materials and our customers are very pleased with the first results. I feel that we have taken a major step in packing innovation. No-one else is doing this yet!"
French supermarket chain Carrefour is one of Nature & More's first clients to have opted for organic fruit and vegetables packed with the new materials. Julie Mahmoun, product manager at Carrefour : "As part of our anti-waste program, packaging is a very important issue for Carrefour. We encourage our suppliers to minimize the environmental footprint of packaging by focusing on recycling and working with renewable and waste materials. The new Eosta / Nature & More sugar cane tray fits our philosophy and that is why we have selected it for our organic fruit and vegetables."
Nature & More is now replacing the old trays, tags, labels and stickers with the new materials. The look is clean and natural and fits perfectly with organic products, according to Paul Hendriks. " It's plastic free. It's made of waste material that would otherwise be burnt, resulting in pollution. Therefore it doesn't put a claim on new land. What more can we wish for?"
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"