- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Rimol Greenhouses celebrates 15-year anniversary of its first greenhouse installation
Rimol Greenhouses is approaching 20 years in business this July and its given company Owner/Founder Bob Rimol reason to look back and consider what helped give the company the national presence it carries today. A meeting in 1999 between Rimol, Kim Antonioli and John Adams of Adams Apple Orchard is certainly one of those.
Antonioli, the Farm Market’s Greenhouse Manager, pushed for the structures after realizing how the family-owned business could grow from utilizing the Northpoints. The business made the purchase of two 30’x96’ Northpoint Series structures to expand from an orchard that has about 7.5 acres of apple trees and a farm market that grows 8 acres of produce.
“I knew we weren’t going in the direction of growing Christmas trees,” she said. “We felt the greenhouses would give us better diversification in business and growing opportunities, and that’s what we’re seeing today.”
Five years after Rimol Greenhouses first opened its doors in 1994, the company made its manufacturing début with its Northpoint Series and Catamount Coldframe structure. The Northpoint was designed to withstand harsh snow and wind loads, while serving a variety of duties under growing and retail use. Antonioli felt very comfortable with her commitment to the greenhouse manufacturer and added a third Northpoint several years later.
“We knew, especially for weather reasons, that Rimol offered a structure that was tried and true,” she said. “If you’ve never purchased a greenhouse before, Rimol Greenhouses is a great option because they’re so personable. You will always get an honest response.”
As Rimol looks back on his initial sale, he can see why the Northpoint remains a staple product. Its multi-functional use not only creates flexibility for property owners, but its resistance against the harsh and unpredictable conditions of Vermont winters goes a long way for dependability.
“The Northpoint is a simple design that is really functional in a lot of ways,” Rimol said. “It’s great to hear that Adams Apple Orchard is still getting great use out of our Northpoint structures. It goes to show you what that type of greenhouse is capable of.
“When people buy greenhouse structures they need to adapt to what they do best at,” he continued. “They could be growing flowers and vegetables, so they need a greenhouse that can do it all. You got to have flexibility.”
Adams Apple Orchard & Farm Market first purchased the land for its orchard in 1968 and the land for its Farm Market in 1992, steadily diversifying its product line ever since. Much of the produce grown for their field crops start within the Northpoints including kale, peas, scallions, spinach, lettuce, chard, summer squash and tomatoes. Annual plants are also grown as part of its retail collection, which runs from May through to July. As bedding plants clear out, 400 tomato plants are potted and trellised for crop production through October.
For more information
40 Londonderry Turnpike
Hooksett, NH 03106
T: (877) 746-6544
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district