- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Private solar panels on horticultural businesses and heat exchange with port of Rotterdam
"The consumer sees potential in solar energy," says Van Elswijk. "But not everybody wants them on their roof." Recently, the legislation concerning the placement of panels changed. Panels do not necessarily have to be placed on your own home in order to benefit from generated energy. This is an opportunity for the Prominent growers, and the union therefore gets started with setting up solar cooperatives. Van Elswijk: "With 1.5 hectares we can provide 520 families with solar energy."
Following the Hoogeland project, the association received many questions and as many visitors. Worldwide need for knowledge led to last year's Prominent Greenhouse Academy, a training center for greenhouse growers worldwide. In the Greenhouse Academy people are focusing on distant destinations. The provision of training places, a collaboration with InHolland and Lentiz, is only the beginning. "Later, we may be able to set up foreign joint ventures from the Academy."
In the longer term, Prominent has even more plans. Van Elswijk represents the Westland growers in consultations on heat exchange between the Westland and Rotterdam harbour. Various parties are now examining the construction of a heat network, to be realized by 2018. "Horticulture can create heat, but also buffer. By storing the heat, there is less need for pipelines. It's ambitious, but possible."
Ferdi van Elswijk
2691 MK 's-Gravenzande
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 Increase horticulturalist's role in energy market with energy storage systems
- 2022-07-21 Energy efficiency: are you on track for reaching Net Zero?
- 2022-07-21 Energy crisis: anticipating with algorithms
- 2022-07-21 "How much should Hawaii discount electric rates for high-tech farmers?"
- 2022-07-20 Growing efficiency in greenhouses
- 2022-07-13 "Water-cooled LEDs are essential to any expansion"
- 2022-07-08 "Greenhouse growers can play a roll in stabilizing the grit"
- 2022-07-08 Van Gog Kwekerijen and Wittenberg Gemüse start the knitting machine to produce their screens
- 2022-07-05 Making money and improving sustainability with an electric boiler
- 2022-07-05 NZ: growers turn off the heat as coal and gas prices soar
- 2022-07-01 Geothermal greenhouse project in Coz Coz, Chile completed
- 2022-06-30 Trial with with low-emissivity glass is well under way
- 2022-06-30 What all grid regulators and policy makers should know about greenhouses and combined heat power
- 2022-06-27 Tsingsky: Using digital methods to reduce carbon fixation costs to benefit more growers
- 2022-06-27 Two new screens thanks to weaving technology
- 2022-06-22 UK greenhouse heats greenhouse with river water system
- 2022-06-15 A greener greenhouse: solar panels trialed on Wimbledon berries farm
- 2022-06-15 Building sustainability for the MHA nation with a vegetable greenhouse heated by waste gas
- 2022-06-10 Green technology employed to grow berries out of season
- 2022-06-08 "We cannot expect a grower to suddenly become an energy producer"