- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Netherlands: Private solar panels on horticultural businesses and heat exchange with port of Rotterdam
"The consumer sees potential in solar energy," says Van Elswijk. "But not everybody wants them on their roof." Recently, the legislation concerning the placement of panels changed. Panels do not necessarily have to be placed on your own home in order to benefit from generated energy. This is an opportunity for the Prominent growers, and the union therefore gets started with setting up solar cooperatives. Van Elswijk: "With 1.5 hectares we can provide 520 families with solar energy."
Following the Hoogeland project, the association received many questions and as many visitors. Worldwide need for knowledge led to last year's Prominent Greenhouse Academy, a training center for greenhouse growers worldwide. In the Greenhouse Academy people are focusing on distant destinations. The provision of training places, a collaboration with InHolland and Lentiz, is only the beginning. "Later, we may be able to set up foreign joint ventures from the Academy."
In the longer term, Prominent has even more plans. Van Elswijk represents the Westland growers in consultations on heat exchange between the Westland and Rotterdam harbour. Various parties are now examining the construction of a heat network, to be realized by 2018. "Horticulture can create heat, but also buffer. By storing the heat, there is less need for pipelines. It's ambitious, but possible."
Ferdi van Elswijk
2691 MK 's-Gravenzande
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "We can contribute to climate goals"
- 2023-12-01 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-11-30 New Google geothermal electricity project could be a milestone for clean energy
- 2023-11-30 Carbon capture process proven with an energy demand below 2,500 kWh/ton
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture