- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Online tool enables to calculate the benefits of refitting or building a new structure in advance
The Virtual Greenhouse is a web-based software tool that can be used to analyse the efficiency of different types of greenhouse technology and structures before the start of the actual construction. As well as this it can be useful to analyse the efficiency of existing operations. Mr Philip Thonning Skou of AgroTech talked about the characteristics and advantages of the programme- “The Virtual Greenhouse might be used when the greenhouse is in the phase of planning. With our software based on mathematical model calculations and databases, the growers and constructors can easily find the most optimal way of construction. The programme can take into consideration any kind of local characteristics, such as wind direction, light intensity, area of construction and so on.” As he explained, this kind of planning is particularly useful for investors before building a new greenhouse, especially in more distant countries.
“However, the software can be used efficiently to analyse existing greenhouses”-he continued- “Growers can analyse their greenhouse production and performance. Furthermore they can calculate the amount of crop gain and cost reduction, and see what can be achieved with new installations or refitting, or a structural change in the facility”.
Philip Thonning Skou of AgroTech
Mr Thonning Skou also added that their software is unique on the market, and big fairs like GreenTech are of utmost importance for them when it comes to making new contacts and being informed about the requirements of the users for future software developments. “Our simulation models were developed for more than a decade for every single parameter of greenhouse production except from labour costs. And we insist on keeping them always up-to-date. For example every time a new, high-tech screen appears on the market we need to make the trials to obtain sufficient data. As well as this we have mathematical models of dehumidifiers in the pipeline"
The other product of AgroTech, InfoGrow, is a web-based software package designed to monitor the events of the greenhouse. It is an add-on to Senmatic Superlink 5 and they are also making developments to adapt it to other climate computers.
It is an important tool in the greenhouse, as growers can follow the changes of photosynthesis, energy consumption etc. Analysing the data, they can make an informed and professional decision about the best production practices in their own facilities. As Mr Thonning Skou said “This new programme from AgroTech is based on models from the most recent plant research, models from the greenhouse’s physical parameters and economic assessments of the nursery’s resource consumption. Thus, it is indeed the most accurate and personalised software for smart decision-making.”
For more information:
Philip Thonning Skou
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress