- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Online tool enables to calculate the benefits of refitting or building a new structure in advance
The Virtual Greenhouse is a web-based software tool that can be used to analyse the efficiency of different types of greenhouse technology and structures before the start of the actual construction. As well as this it can be useful to analyse the efficiency of existing operations. Mr Philip Thonning Skou of AgroTech talked about the characteristics and advantages of the programme- “The Virtual Greenhouse might be used when the greenhouse is in the phase of planning. With our software based on mathematical model calculations and databases, the growers and constructors can easily find the most optimal way of construction. The programme can take into consideration any kind of local characteristics, such as wind direction, light intensity, area of construction and so on.” As he explained, this kind of planning is particularly useful for investors before building a new greenhouse, especially in more distant countries.
“However, the software can be used efficiently to analyse existing greenhouses”-he continued- “Growers can analyse their greenhouse production and performance. Furthermore they can calculate the amount of crop gain and cost reduction, and see what can be achieved with new installations or refitting, or a structural change in the facility”.
Philip Thonning Skou of AgroTech
Mr Thonning Skou also added that their software is unique on the market, and big fairs like GreenTech are of utmost importance for them when it comes to making new contacts and being informed about the requirements of the users for future software developments. “Our simulation models were developed for more than a decade for every single parameter of greenhouse production except from labour costs. And we insist on keeping them always up-to-date. For example every time a new, high-tech screen appears on the market we need to make the trials to obtain sufficient data. As well as this we have mathematical models of dehumidifiers in the pipeline"
The other product of AgroTech, InfoGrow, is a web-based software package designed to monitor the events of the greenhouse. It is an add-on to Senmatic Superlink 5 and they are also making developments to adapt it to other climate computers.
It is an important tool in the greenhouse, as growers can follow the changes of photosynthesis, energy consumption etc. Analysing the data, they can make an informed and professional decision about the best production practices in their own facilities. As Mr Thonning Skou said “This new programme from AgroTech is based on models from the most recent plant research, models from the greenhouse’s physical parameters and economic assessments of the nursery’s resource consumption. Thus, it is indeed the most accurate and personalised software for smart decision-making.”
For more information:
Philip Thonning Skou
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- 2022-08-15 "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- 2022-08-15 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-15 Comparison of supplemental LED top- and interlighting for year-round production of cherry tomato
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?