- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
New industry paper examines reports on geothermal power costs and benefits
Geothermal power "compares favourably with other technologies currently available according to three difference analyses published in 2014," the authors state. The reports were issued by the U.S. Energy Information Agency, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, and the California Public Utilities Commission.
The paper also looks at the direct economic benefits of geothermal power. Unlike other renewables, geothermal power produced on federal lands is based upon leases that are sold competitively, generating bonus bids, and subsequent production is subject to royalty payments. According to the Department of the Interior, geothermal generated $15 million in fiscal year 2014. Also, state lands involved in geothermal power production generate additional revenues, often dedicated to support education. California, for example, reports $4 million received from geothermal production involving state lands.
The paper also discusses the significant number of jobs created when geothermal power is developed. GEA estimates that for every 100 MW of geothermal power, the industry provides 170 permanent, full-time jobs. In addition, geothermal power creates 310 annual construction and 330 annual manufacturing/equipment jobs for every 100 MW of new installed capacity.
The report is available from the Geothermal Energy Association website at geo-energy.org/reports.aspx. For more information, contact Shawna McGregor, T: +1 917 971 7852 or email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-27 Turkey sets geothermal goals in medium-term economic program
- 2023-09-19 "Electric and hydrogen alternative to fossil fuel within a few years"
- 2023-08-24 Corrosion risk returns in horticulture through more economical heating
- 2023-08-23 Weather extremes' impact on global fruit and vegetable sector
- 2023-08-17 CO2 storage under the North Sea is a go
- 2023-08-16 Nappa pursues renewed geothermal heat production North Limburg
- 2023-08-15 Solar park next to Tinte greenhouses under construction
- 2023-08-07 Singapore: Singrow and Norgren partner up to reduce energy costs
- 2023-07-21 Bringing geothermal knowledge from horticulture to other industries
- 2023-07-21 US: Future-proofing vertical farms’ electricity access through microgrids
- 2023-07-20 "Gains to be made by properly adjusting and monitoring your burner"
- 2023-07-10 "The emissions from our new burner are at an absolute minimum"
- 2023-07-06 Expect more record temperatures, Hutton experts say
- 2023-07-06 Comparing the environmental footprint of lettuce grown indoors to that grown in fields
- 2023-07-05 Don’t think you can afford a solar system for your farm?
- 2023-07-05 "Bylaws governing energy efficiency and light abatement will become the standard"
- 2023-07-04 Westland solar panels forced to be under-utilized
- 2023-06-30 Using wind turbines to energize greenhouses for zero emission cultivation
- 2023-06-29 “We are a company based on tradition and technology”