- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Heliospectra AB taking part in Swedish Cleantech international tour
The hand-picked Swedish companies, identified as Sweden’s most innovative within environmental technology, will meet international investors and industry stakeholders. The goal is to eventually contribute toward solving global environmental challenges.
The tour is being arranged for the second time by the business incubators STING (Stockholm Innovation & Growth) and LEAD (LiU Entrepreneurship and Development) after being launched successfully in 2013.
“The Swedish Cleantech Tour is a great opportunity for Heliospectra to prove itself internationally. After a successful share issue and to coincide with the planned listing, we are now undertaking a major international marketing campaign so this forum is ideal for us. To be one of the selected companies is also a major acknowledgement of Heliospectra’s business concept and that we can actually contribute to better food, reduced transport, lower energy consumption and so on, thereby reducing the negative environmental impact,” says Staffan Hillberg, CEO at Heliospectra.
At the end of May, Heliospectra launched its new patented LX60 lighting system, which is more efficient, greener and cheaper compared to earlier products. According to Heliospectra’s calculations, the LX60 generates almost 50 per cent more light on the plants compared with the predecessor, L4A. The company has also managed to lower the weight from 13 kg to 8 kg.
“We really have the wind in our sails now. The level of interest in LX60 is huge, both nationally and internationally. Our share issue was over subscribed and the tremendous interest has enabled an additional private placement to qualified investors totalling a further SEK 18.2 m, approximately. Altogether, this has resulted in overall issued capital of around SEK 40.9,” says Staffan Hillberg.
Other participating companies in the Swedish Cleantech Tour 2014
Arsizio - licenses dynamic and cost-effective 3D extrusion, a globally patented production method. CorPower Ocean - developing a new type of highly efficient tidal power at a lower energy price. DP Patterning - manufactures environmentally-friendly specialist presses for flexible printed circuit boards and antennas. Ecofective - offers an IT-based solution that optimises existing heating systems in buildings. Exeger - developing the next generation of solar cells with greater efficiency. Minesto - offers a technology to produce electricity from tidal waters and ocean currents. Watty- develops products to create energy savings in homes and buildings.
For more information
Staffan Hillberg, CEO
T: +46 708 36 59 44
Lars Sjögrell, Press Officer
T: +46 702 69 53 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Rooftop Greenhouse Agrotopia wins the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Award 2022
- 2022-12-09 Solis Agrosciences raises growth capital in expanded round
- 2022-12-09 Digital biology meets traditional agriculture to advance plant trait development
- 2022-12-09 Havatec takes over estate and clients from Jamafa
- 2022-12-09 AdeptAg acquires Plantech
- 2022-12-09 Prins USA becomes part of GreenV
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods