- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Canada: Windset Farms wins A&W’s Award of Excellence
“We really appreciate the support and dedication the entire Windset team invests in the A&W produce program,” says Lisa Hughes, Purchasing Manager of Food and Food Science at A&W. The restaurant was the first of its kind in the foodservice industry to choose greenhouse grown tomatoes over traditional field product for its quality, consistency and food safety. “The greenhouse grown tomato program at A&W has been a huge success and it is an honour to be recognized by one of the leading foodservice restaurants in Canada who value sustainability as much as we do, ” said John Newell, owner of Windset Farms®.
Windset uses 100% non-GMO varieties in all their produce and was named World’s Best Tomato Grower in the first annual Tomato Inspiration Event held in Berlin earlier this year. The Certified Greenhouse member has a 95% water re-use rate, is carbon neutral and saves up to 40% in energy savings using state-of-the-art technology such as thermal screens.
Visit www.windsetfarms.com for recipes and product information. Also check out www.facebook.com/WindsetFarms and www.twitter.com/WindsetFarms for live updates.
For more information:
Tel: +1 604-940-7700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-05 'Has CEA lost or won the first major battle?'
- 2022-12-05 Dutch Greenhouse Technologies at AgroWorld Kazakhstan
- 2022-12-05 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-05 Guyana: Israeli company to develop massive USD $15 mln hydroponic project
- 2022-12-05 Another 680 Moroccan seasonal workers will be recruited for Huelva's red fruit campaign
- 2022-12-05 ProGro Bio appoints new executive
- 2022-12-05 Dutch Greenhouse Delta identifies an urgent need to join forces within the Dutch horticulture sector
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee