- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Canada: Windset Farms wins A&W’s Award of Excellence
“We really appreciate the support and dedication the entire Windset team invests in the A&W produce program,” says Lisa Hughes, Purchasing Manager of Food and Food Science at A&W. The restaurant was the first of its kind in the foodservice industry to choose greenhouse grown tomatoes over traditional field product for its quality, consistency and food safety. “The greenhouse grown tomato program at A&W has been a huge success and it is an honour to be recognized by one of the leading foodservice restaurants in Canada who value sustainability as much as we do, ” said John Newell, owner of Windset Farms®.
Windset uses 100% non-GMO varieties in all their produce and was named World’s Best Tomato Grower in the first annual Tomato Inspiration Event held in Berlin earlier this year. The Certified Greenhouse member has a 95% water re-use rate, is carbon neutral and saves up to 40% in energy savings using state-of-the-art technology such as thermal screens.
Visit www.windsetfarms.com for recipes and product information. Also check out www.facebook.com/WindsetFarms and www.twitter.com/WindsetFarms for live updates.
For more information:
Tel: +1 604-940-7700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 US private equity group Paine Schwartz Partners drops $139 mln from its offer for Costa Group
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-19 US: Aerofarms exits from Chapter 11 and appoints new CEO
- 2023-09-19 UK: OneFarm to have filed NOI to save business from liquidation