Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Russia: Construction of 40 hectare agro-park in Kamchatka already at first stage
According to Ruslan Fesenko, agro-park "Nagorniy", being located far from centres of commerce and in a harsh climate, is a promising project, because it has a big consumer market. Production costs will account just up to 35% of the final cost of greenhouse products. Modern greenhouse vegetable production is a high-tech manufacture which allows to recoup all costs fast and the Kamchatka Territory is no exception.
Arkady Muravyov, the president of the Association "Greenhouses of Russia", promised to provide local farmers with greenhouse construction project documentation free of charge. In addition, the Association is ready to share its experience how to use domestic equipment required to operate and maintain greenhouses.
Reference: Association "Greenhouses of Russia" was established in 1994. The Association consists of 189 companies, including 109 greenhouse complexes with a total area over 1.5 thousand hectares of winter glass greenhouses. Annual production of greenhouse vegetables is more than 600 thousand tons in the off-season period.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 CAN (OB): Ever Tru Farms launches 15-acre expansion
- 2022-07-22 Australian HFF inducts two life members with an incredible story of greenhouse construction in Mongolia
- 2022-07-22 US: architect develops greenhouse for his Boston neighborhood
- 2022-07-21 China: Smart greenhouses boost yields
- 2022-07-21 A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has developed a "smart" greenhouse
- 2022-07-21 Australia: Tomatoes and jobs to grow in Tatura
- 2022-07-13 California open field grower expands into hydroponic lettuces
- 2022-07-11 Iowa family farm sees success with tunnel greenhouses
- 2022-07-07 Evolving tomato cultivation in Ontario
- 2022-07-05 Oman: Jusoor Foundation to produce saplings and citrus plants in greenhouses
- 2022-07-05 Naturvillan is a self-sufficient, off-grid A-frame greenhouse home in Sweden
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 2022-06-29 Twentyfour-year-old Saudi farmer engineers a blooming desert
- 2022-06-29 Canada: Church greenhouse program supports migrant workers
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-28 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 Big harvest for muskmelon in Indonesian greenhouse