- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Marcel Klomp and Job Verschoor, Abalco Service:
"Technical cleaning of air and cool technical installation is paying off"
Marcel Klomp and Job Verschoor
"Pollution and corrosion have a lot of influence on the efficiency of evaporators. Corrosion influences the transfer of heat and lessens the capacity (airflow) of the evaporator, which means the installation used more energy and the capacity is reduced," explains Marcel. "As a result of this it is possible that the cooling installation installed will stop working when you need it the most. A thorough inspection and the application of energy saving measure are necessary to be able to have an installation that functions as optimally as possible."
"The standards are becoming increasingly strict and the responsibility for the food safety, stated in the HACCP, BRC, GlobalGAP and IFS certifications is placed with the management of the companies. We can offer installers and the final user a service so that the laws and regulations described can be maintained and the installed parts continue to function optimally," says Marcel. Abalco Service works both for cooling technical installers and the final users. "We have framework agreements with most of cooling technical installers. It is more common to make direct agreements in the fruit and vegetable branch. It doesn't matter to use. If we see defects in a cooling installation, we report it to the installer. This way, we only strengthen each other."
According to the gentlemen, how often an installation needs cleaned depends on the product. "But it's at least once a year. The fruit and vegetable sector is the biggest polluter in the area of cooling technique. This sector still works a lot with pallets, cartons and boxes. You wouldn't believe how much dust is released in cooling area. You could get a barrowful of mud from one cooler. And if an evaporator or air cooled condenser is 15 to 25% polluted, it won't reach its full capacity. We realised a 7% increase in capacity in chip factories with our cleaning service. The same goes for vegetable washers," says Job. "Besides that increase in capacity we take down the failure sensitivity and raise the lifespan of the installation. The Return of Investment is always favourable to the user."
"We are now a concept in the food branch. That's a huge advantage. If a fruit and vegetable company reports that we are coming around soon during an audit, it is often enough. We have skilled employees, work with substances that are FoodProof and work at a component level. You can see us as more of a technical service supplier than a cleaner," continues Job. "We are very unique in this way, we are open every day of the year. There is a lot of time pressure in the fruit and vegetable sector. If the cell is empty, it has to be filled as quickly as possible. We come to clean the installations when it suites the customer. If it is agreed on time, we will come at the weekend or holidays if needed. We are also on location with the customer in the fruit and vegetable sector at 7.00 in the morning."
Besides Abalco Service the Abalco Group consists of Abalco Products and Abalco Support. Abalco Products is a product specialised department of Abalco and is the importer and exclusive supplier of various brands in Holland, among which Floorpul cleaning machines. The support department mainly focusses on the technical management, preventative and corrective maintenance, water treatment and Legionella management in evaporation condensers and cooling towers. Companies can also go to Abalco Support for complete renovation projects (life extension) on air treatment unites (not brand dependent).
For more information:
NL - 4251 LD Werkendam
Tel: (+31 183-678664)
Fax: (+31 183-506555)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Closing greenhouses in Kazakhstan: problems, culprits, and solutions
- 2023-12-06 Malaysia: Agro aid for Hydroponic innnovation, entrepreneurial growth
- 2023-12-06 "What we are going to do here is unique"
- 2023-12-06 Another expansion for Canadian propagator
- 2023-12-05 Ukraine: Greenhouse complex using geothermal energy will be built for EUR 68 mln in Lviv region
- 2023-12-05 Inmates will work in the greenhouse in Amasya prison, Turkey
- 2023-12-05 95% of greenhouses in Turkmenistan specialize in tomato production
- 2023-12-04 Storm causes significant damage to greenhouses in Konya, Turkey
- 2023-12-04 Greenhouse vegetable growers in Kazakhstan can receive 25% subsidies
- 2023-12-04 Mongolia: 22-ha greenhouse to be completed before year end
- 2023-12-01 Conviction in fraudulent funds for aquaponic project
- 2023-12-01 Liberia: Solidaridad constructs the first post-war cocoa greenhouse
- 2023-11-30 Greenhouse grower receives award for ‘Together’ campaign
- 2023-11-30 US (IN): Lilly greenhouses to be remodeled as ‘Purdue Moves’ forward in research
- 2023-11-30 Dutch strawberry growers open new location
- 2023-11-29 Guyana: Three-acre greenhouse commissioned at Plympton Farms